Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 2011 Platinum Silver Metallic, 6 Speed Cayman base in Monterey, CA and couldn't be happier. 3 year lease return with 17,000 mi. and a CPO car. Been lurking here for months (thank you all for my education)
and narrowing down what I wanted. Pretty much checked the Porsche CPO search page daily for several months. Manuals are scarce. I got lucky, it was only a 300 mi. drive to get it. Coming from a 1969 Porsche 912 (which I sold and miss), I can judge how far Porsche has come since those earlier days. This car feels like a rocket compared to the 912. What refinement and control! It's gonna be fun! :dance:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Just picked up my 2011 Platinum Silver Metallic, 6 Speed Cayman base in Monterey, CA and couldn't be happier. 3 year lease return with 17,000 mi. and a CPO car. Been lurking here for months (thank you all for my education)
and narrowing down what I wanted. Pretty much checked the Porsche CPO search page daily for several months. Manuals are scarce. I got lucky, it was only a 300 mi. drive to get it. Coming from a 1969 Porsche 912 (which I sold and miss), I can judge how far Porsche has come since those earlier days. This car feels like a rocket compared to the 912. What refinement and control! It's gonna be fun! :dance:
:picsplz:You know the rules <<<<<<<<

Reactions: eyeofthetiger

·
Registered
7 Posts
I, too, am a new 987.2 owner, having bought a car off eBay on Thanksgiving. Waited for what I wanted, which included the sports bucket seats due to my height, and found a 2010 S with just 3700 miles on it. Used to have a '78 911 SC. While I loved it, to me the Cayman is a superior car in every way.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Congratulations! My 2011 is very similar to yours. Enjoy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts