Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
I bought a 2006 Cayman S (987.1CS) new. Still have it. Love it... 92,000 miles.

If it hasn't had new struts I would do that. You don't realize how worn they are until you replace them because they wear slowly. It comes with the equivalent of Bilstein B4 and I upgraded to B6s, better the new.

If you bother to take apart the center console and it hasn't had shift cables you should replace them with numeric racing cables. They will break soon and leave you stranded.

It's going to need a headliner soon, so if you take apart those pieces you should do that.

When you change the air filter do the AOS valve, they're only $100.

And like the guy said, a little track time goes a long way.

Nice car!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I bought a 2006 Cayman S (987.1CS) new. Still have it. Love it... 92,000 miles.

If it hasn't had new struts I would do that. You don't realize how worn they are until you replace them because they wear slowly. It comes with the equivalent of Bilstein B4 and I upgraded to B6s, better the new.

If you bother to take apart the center console and it hasn't had shift cables you should replace them with numeric racing cables. They will break soon and leave you stranded.

It's going to need a headliner soon, so if you take apart those pieces you should do that.

When you change the air filter do the AOS valve, they're only $100.

And like the guy said, a little track time goes a long way.

Nice car!

edit- I'm so stupid, you don't have a headliner haha.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I agree with the driving event, I have done some with the Porsche Club, they are very focused on teaching first time track driving, it is well worth the cost and shows you how great these cars are completely stock.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I haves 987.1 with nav, no blue tooth. I purchased an iSimple TranzIt BLU HF fm modulator. Not an fm transmitter. It works great along with providing hands free calling.
Oh okay, how’s a modulator different from a transmitter. I have a transmitter but the quality isnt top notch to be far.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I agree with the driving event, I have done some with the Porsche Club, they are very focused on teaching first time track driving, it is well worth the cost and shows you how great these cars are completely stock.
yeah it does seem like a great idea, however my main purpose for the car is to be a daily driver, so I’ll be using it to get back and forth to uni and like going to the gym and stuff. And then on the weekend I will go on longer drives ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good Morning Guys,

I am a new member here and I love to see that it is actually active and that the posts are reliable and interesting.
So I finally turned 18 and got my driving License. I live here in Dubai where the weather is sunny all year round and used cars are super cheap. So i decided to spend my entire childhood savings and buy a car. I wanted a convertible and I found a Porsche Boxster 987 2006 with 80 KM and full service with official Porsche. The car is completely original with not even a single thing modified or changed (obviously things have even replaced and fixed for service reasons but no mods to engine or exhaust and etc.)

i was hoping that anyone has any advice for having a Porsche Boxster and how to maintain in general a first car.
Also are there any touch ups that I can do as the car as a few scratches in the interior.
here’s a picture of the car ?
View attachment 266320
I’d love some comments and I’ll for sure be posting and replying to other people’s posts soon as well?
Great car. My first Porsche was an 06 Boxster S ! You will love the flat 6 engine. Superb. Enjoy in good health.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Interior color issue could be from sun cream...
I have this with a black interior that turned blue.... Guys at Swissvax told me it was sun cream and I fixed it with a brush and leather cleaner.
It is an easy fix to try ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Interior color issue could be from sun cream...
I have this with a black interior that turned blue.... Guys at Swissvax told me it was sun cream and I fixed it with a brush and leather cleaner.
It is an easy fix to try ?
For me it is not so much the colour issue from the sun. for me its that the interior paint has been scratched off, as the majority of the interior is not leather, but instead cheap plastic

41 - 50 of 50 Posts