Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New owner! Cayman S Sport w/ photos post #17

After searching for a while and a long wait for the right car, I finally picked up a white 2008 Cayman S Sport! Very clean car with 28k miles. Babied by the previous two owners. Only upgrades are OEM short shifter, gt3 plenum and throttle body, LSD, and Softronic tune. No PCM or bose which makes me happy since upgrading will be cheaper. I will post photos this weekend.

Reactions: Arch

·
Registered
625 Posts
Congrats! Looks pristine, enjoy.
Wow that Orange one is gorgeous

Reactions: fastissimo

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Beautiful car, congratulations and this is the first time I will say this as I am a newbie too: Welcome to the Cayman Club :cheers:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Welcome to the CSS Club! They are great cars. You'll love all the options they come with.

I was looking for an orange CSS to match my LE but ran across a signal green one and had to have it. The orange one in the ad says it has 37K mi but the pics say 6K. What's up with that? And it has several 'canned' photos from the Net. Hmmmm...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the CSS Club! They are great cars. You'll love all the options they come with.

I was looking for an orange CSS to match my LE but ran across a signal green one and had to have it. The orange one in the ad says it has 37K mi but the pics say 6K. What's up with that? And it has several 'canned' photos from the Net. Hmmmm...

It's not that far away from me if you want me to stop and take current photos. I emailed the guy and he is a doctor at UC Davis.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Thanks for the offer but I'm happy with Sydney (my CSS). Just commenting on the inconsistencies. Maybe he put pics in the ad from when he bought it rather than taking current ones. But big difference between 37K & 5200. In today's world, sketchy ads turn buyers off.

But if you need an excuse to drive your CSS around, knock yourself out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congratulations on the new Cayman, beautiful car!
Im trying to go view the orange car this weekend, I narrowly missed the PTS orange Cayman R (my unicorn) a few months ago, the doctor said I need more citrus in my life......

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congratulations on the new Cayman, beautiful car!
Im trying to go view the orange car this weekend, I narrowly missed the PTS orange Cayman R (my unicorn) a few months ago, the doctor said I need more citrus in my life......
Awesome, I hope it's in great shape.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
An independent dealer here is the Orlando area has a really nice special order RS Green Cayman S Sport with 9k MI for $40k.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
An independent dealer here is the Orlando area has a really nice special order RS Green Cayman S Sport with 9k MI for $40k.
Do you have a link? I saw one in FL with 9k miles but it was $50k

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Took some pictures this morning. The car drives amazing and sounds sooo good. I had a 6 speed 2003 Carrera 4S and definitely like this car better.

Reactions: Rican

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was able to finally talk on the phone with the orange Sport owner, was going to go look at it today. There is some damage to the front left bumper, he went over a speed bump and it creased from the upwards pressure, there is slight cracking in the paint as well. He didnt think it was a big deal, and is stuck to his price which for me is overpriced. My guess is new bumper and respray, so I passed on the drive up to Davis from SF.

If I could only track down the owner of the PTS Orange Cayman R.........someday.....heh....or perhaps Peridot
Pictures of the damage attached.
CaymanS1.jpeg CaymanS3.jpeg

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Great pics fastissimo! Looks very clean. You have almost exactly the same mileage as mine.

If the orange one has damage (and I wouldn't consider it insignificant), no way he's getting that kind of money. He was already $5K too high. His asking price is a few bucks short of some Cayman Rs that I've seen sold.

And speaking of orange and Cayman Rs, I remember that PTS Orange R - I thought it was stunning. Sure made me think, but there was no way I could swing $75K. Good luck smyers chasing your Moby-****. It took 3 mo for me to snag my CSS, so it is possible to catch them.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Welcome to the Cayman S Sport club.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts