Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NEW OWNER- Custom Painted Cayman S TechART Wide Body

New user here and brand new Porsche owner of a Cayman S '07. :hilarious:

Car has lowering springs, TechArt exhaust, custom paintwork, TechArt wide body kit and GT spoiler. Front hood is getting sprayed over black and rear GT wing is also being painted black to match the car....should have next week.

One of Washington DC's best Porsche shops retails and servicing have sold me and done some work on this for my purchase ....check them out! Intersport Auto Sales in McLean. GREAT guys there!

Pics attached. :banana:

MORE PICS BELOW ALSO!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea the front hood is overkill for me with the ghost flame thrower....I'm having that painted over black....rest of the flames are actually pretty detailed and have screaming faces in the paint.... very artistic work.

When I get it Ill take more photos and post them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually love the car, the way it drives, the handling, the body kit and yes the paintwork too! :O)

I want to change out the stock stereo and a few other things but I really like it.... and picked buying it over a Viper SRT. :cheers:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks and I will certainly be posting more photos as the car is finished being sprayed and few mods done.

Appreciate all the info history on this board so far for all those before me on this board....will be very helpful with questions I may have about these cars moving forward.:picsplz:

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
Eznva

WOW !! that looks fantastic IMO .I like the whole thing a lot :)
How the heck do they make those flames look so real ? and a widebody techart to boot .This car must have cost a bundle but worth it :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Few more photos..... :cheers:

Notice the screaming faces in the paint on the rear............

First hour I drove the car....guy got out at a gas station to photograph the car....and got stopped at 2 red lights to discuss the car in traffic!

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I don't know that I could roll in it, but it's a fantastic paint job! Enjoy!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Doesn't align with my personal sense of aesthetics but if you like it that is what counts, and I do appreciate originality. That said, even if it's not my cup of tea, it's a Cayman and looks HOT.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
That is a very expensive and well done paint job!

·
Registered
317 Posts
In the past I have found flame paint jobs to be kinda dorky. I have loved the concept but the flames were always just too cartoonish. I have also felt that most custom paint jobs on a Porsche were sacriligious.

This is a whole new level. The flames are beautiful. They have depth and realism. Amazing, I love it. :dance:

·
Registered
549 Posts
I was gonna post that I loved the bodywork but the graphics not so much, but as I kept looking the whole car just grew on me. The TechArt stuff is, as always, da bomb, and the graphics are........getting better looking to me every time I look at it.

Congratulations. Cool car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: NEW OWNER- Custom Painted Cayman S TechART Wide Body

WOW! What an incredible paint job! Kudos to the shop who did the job. The flames and the faces are done exceptionally well.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts