Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just picked up an 07 CS with 13,000 miles on it, and it's VERY CLEAN. However, it has beige interior (not much choice when u looking for an used car in nice condition), so i'm wondering is there anyway to keep it clean without taking a shower everytime before driving the car ?

Also the car has the tic tranny, which means i won't mess it up (most likely), so is there any other things i should becareful or pay more attention ?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I've had a couple of cars with light interiors. The best thing to do is stay on top of any soil/stain. If you get something on the interior clean it as soon as you can. It doesn't take much time that way and the soil/stain isn't as likely to take a set.

The tip transmissions appear to be very stout. Enjoy the car.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats on the new car. Good luck with keeping the interior clean. I would have little hope of doing that since i use mine as a DD.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My Cayman has a black interior, but I suspect it gets just as dirty as a tan one. I have past experience from a BMW X5 I had a few years back. One interesting thing I found, though. Bluejeans shed dye on car seats. It's easily cleaned with leather cleaner. I recommend lightly wiping the seats down each weekend with a good leather cleaner, and I treat my seats once every 3 or 4 months. That should keep you happy.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have the older Savanah Beige interior in my 986 and love it. It's not a problem keeping it clean, just as has been mentioned, clean the seats with a leather cleaner and use a Swiffer duster on the dash and displays. Keeping up with it every week or two before it's a problem (can be done in a few minutes) rather than waiting until it's obviously dirty will save a lot of time in the long run. However, I enjoy doing anything that bonds me with the car so I don't consider it a chore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.