Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a 2013 Porsche Boxster. The car has an aftermarket exhaust, Fabspeed, but I don't know too much about the brand. The exhaust is pretty loud. Does anyone know if its expensive to swap out back to stock? Would anyone be willing to do a trade? Thank you

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi, I'm not sure where you're located but I have a stock exhaust removed from my 2015 Cayman when I replaced it with PSE. It should fit without issue. I'm willing to sell it cheap but it requires local pickup in the central PA area. I wouldn't know how to ship it. It had 20k miles on it when removed and is in excellent condition.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm in Maryland and have a full stock exhaust/headers in my attic. I have a Fabspeed knockoff by Agency Power, I love the sound personally. It's like $400 or so for an exhaust shop to swap your exhaust. Unfortunately the way they are mounted on the triangular system makes it a bit difficult to get on and off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
I admit that I wouldn't enjoy removing the Porsche exhaust laying on my back, but if you have the car on a lift it's a piece of cake.

The only potential spoiler are the rusty stud/bolts at the exhaust flange connected to the headers. If they are corroded significantly, they can turn an easy job into a frustrating affair.

If I had an oem 981 exhaust, I'd do the labor FOR you to make that swap. :)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
You should first clarify whether you have Fabspeed exhaust AND headers, or just exhaust. Labor to change just the exhaust is minimal. Changing both is a larger bite.

·
Registered
2013 Boxster S
95 Posts
You can find the stock exhaust pretty cheap on FB marketplace. If you have a jack and jack stands, it’s about an hours worth of actual work to swap it out. It’s super easy, as long as you prep the bolts where the exhaust meets the header/cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can find the stock exhaust pretty cheap on FB marketplace. If you have a jack and jack stands, it’s about an hours worth of actual work to swap it out. It’s super easy, as long as you prep the bolts where the exhaust meets the header/cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn't it need any welding for installation? Exhaust job usually involves welding, but not sure for Porsche.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I removed my exhaust ('14 Boxster S) and had Carnewal modification by Cantrel Motorsports. I removed the exhaust and replaced it with assistance from a Boxster owner friend and jackstands. Total time was about 1 1/2 hours for removal and about 2 hours for reinstallation. I had no issues with bolts, but my car had 19k on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a 2013 Porsche Boxster. The car has an aftermarket exhaust, Fabspeed, but I don't know too much about the brand. The exhaust is pretty loud. Does anyone know if its expensive to swap out back to stock? Would anyone be willing to do a trade? Thank you View attachment 274710
[/QUOTE
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a 2013 Porsche Boxster. The car has an aftermarket exhaust, Fabspeed, but I don't know too much about the brand. The exhaust is pretty loud. Does anyone know if its expensive to swap out back to stock? Would anyone be willing to do a trade? Thank you View attachment 274710
[/QUOTE
Hello. I have a stock exhaust from a 2013 Boxster S. I had the Sport exhaust installed and I saved the original unit. Don’t know if yours is the S or not. Let me know if you are interested. Cheers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm in NJ and I'd be willing to swap and put in some elbow grease with my tools if necessary. Also exhausts need a long time to cool down so there's that to consider.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm in NJ and I'd be willing to swap and put in some elbow grease with my tools if necessary. Also exhausts need a long time to cool down so there's that to consider.
Win-win :)

The power of the people (forums)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts