Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1247 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Russ,

Was the 2 inch gap on a PASM equipped Cayman or standard suspension? I know 10mm isn't much, but it might be enough to do the trick...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I realize that the 10mm isn't even a 1/2', but sometimes it's all about lighting and shadows. It may just need that 10mm to cover up some off that light and make the wheel gap seem smaller than it really is. If you look at the other photos, the gap doesn't seem so bad. It's just thispicture with the inside of the fenders all lit up that makes it look bad.

That's too bad that the 2 inches is with PASM. Doesthe wheel gap looktoolargein person, Russ?

Edited by - rxshawn on 12/06/2005 10:44:55 PM

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
rxshawn,

It did not look that large in person. I am sure that the angle of the shot has a lot to do with it. Here is the wheel I measured and I bent way down to the level of the tires for this shot. The pic looks more than 2'./UserFiles/Carrera S Wheel.jpg

It looked a lot less in person. This is a lousy photo to try and make any judgement from.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As long as it doesn't look bad in person, I can live with it. I never noticed this before, but is that a mud flap in front of the rear tire? Shouldn't it be behind the tire or is that totally for something else?

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
It is a mud flap or guard of sorts, and a protective clear film. Here is a closer look.

/UserFiles/Carrera S Crest toward Stem.jpg

·
Registered
273 Posts
Jackwood, can you post a picture of the rear. /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/tounge_smile.gif

Thanks,Jo

·
Registered
107 Posts
only 43 hours and 30 mins before I collect my Cayman. Am away allthis weekend but will getsome pics on asap- Yeeeeeehaa!!!!

·
Administrator
34,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
K-mans, when will your Cayman be delivered?

Jo /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/drive.gif

My car is rolling down the assembly line right now and is a few stages away from being completed. I wanted a December build in order to get a couple of options and this should put it here right on schedule for the US launch on Jan 15th. If it comes in sooner great, but I'm not planning on picking it up until mid January. After waiting on some prior Porsches I've learned to pace myself... /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/angel_smile.gif

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
After studying all the pictures, seeing it in person, comparing it with Boxsters, etc......I have found that the ride height drop with PASM is evident in the front and hardly noticable in the rear if at all. Worth posting again.......silver has PASM, blue does not I believe........

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think there has been some mischief makingby Porsche ! All the official pictures released of the Cayman and those from dealer launches etc all make the Cayman look much lower than the actual cars we are now seeing. Is it possible that the cars released to the press were 'tweaked' in some way ? Look at the pictures from Spa etc and there is no visible gap between the tyre and the wheel arch. Look at the gap on JackWood's car even with 19' wheels. Strange...................

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I'm sure some suspension settling will happen after some miles. I would tend to believe that a lot of Caymans we saw in promo photos have been put through the wringer and have settled quite a bit. It will be interesting to see what happens in the first 1-2k miles.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not too sure about the suspension settling when the car is pretty stiff to start with. As someone else pointed out, the actual cars have something like a 2' gap - check out the promo pictures etc, they have no gap at all and IMO it makes the car look much more purposeful. Someone at work suggested getting a really fat person to sit in it for the first couple of days to compress the suspension !!!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Not too sure about the suspension settling when the car is pretty stiff to start with. As someone else pointed out, the actual cars have something like a 2' gap - check out the promo pictures etc, they have no gap at all and IMO it makes the car look much more purposeful. Someone at work suggested getting a really fat person to sit in it for the first couple of days to compress the suspension !!!

LMAO!!!!!! Back to the chip shop for me then!

I too was wondering if there would be any settling. I also plan on finding out if there is any chance of loosing a few more mm's from the ride height. I do know there is manual adjustment for getting them on and off carriers. Just wondering if they forgot to lower mine during the PDI!?!

Jack

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Markwm,

I have gone for the following:

Basalt Black, Full Black Leather, Sports Seats, Bose, CD Changer, PASM, Sports Chrono, PCM, Climate, 19' Sport Deisgn Wheels, with coloured Centers, Tracker. Think that's it. Totalwas just under £54K.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You could have a point there, perhaps it is still set to a higher setting ? Failing that keep eating the chips and pile on a few pounds, my car is due in March and I'm in Cheshire - you could pop round and help it settle for me ! /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/thumbsup.gif

·
Registered
273 Posts
Muchos gracias Jackwood, I like the rear so, so much. It s the rear of a real PORSCHE

THANK YOU, Jo/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/thanks.gif/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/thumbsup.gif

41 - 60 of 1247 Posts