1221 - 1240 of 1260 Posts

·
Vendor
6,506 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from LA!

Bought my 2007 Boxster back in 2014 as a result of a bit of an impulse trade, and after following this forum for a while finally officially joined.

Bonnie is a 987.1 2.7 5-speed manual, slate grey with cocoa interior. So far I've been focusing more on fixing whatever's been going wrong than modifying it. I do have 18" BBS SR wheels and Sumitomo HTR Z III tires on the car and just received DEPO LED tail lights in the mail, to be installed sometime this week.

Nice to meet you all!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Paul from NJ with my 2006 Cayman S in Basalt Black. I decided back in August I wanted a Cayman and I pulled the trigger for my birthday in November. Have the car 2 weeks and absolutely love it. IMG_20161127_113814.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Finally getting around to my intro thread.

Here's my 987.2 CS "Veronica Corningstone"

IMG_20171030_092304_707.jpg

Why Veronica? We'll my previous toy was a 95M Edition Miata in "Merlot" (aka Burgundy). Ergo - Ron (the Miata) Burgundy. We all know that Veronica is far superior to Ron in every meaningful way. Hence Veronica!

Here's a few more...

The car is bone stock except for installing a Sport PDK Wheel and upgraded brakes. Here's when I did the brake overhaul - GT3 master, GT3 front brake duct spoilers, StopTech SS lines and pads, new Rotors and RBF...
IMG_20171005_071629_492 (1).jpg

And here she is running Laguna this past weekend...

73897024-GBMA3370.jpg

73897023-GBMA1858.jpg
Not sure what happened here ^

·
Registered
365 Posts
Beautiful car!

Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I'm a new member from Scotland and this is my 2006 Cayman S.

So far I have had the wheels painted Ferrari Bronze, added an AWE tuning exhaust, third radiator and low temp thermostat, wheel spacers, light spars and a GT3 steering wheel. Next on the list is suspension as she sits like a 4x4!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, new member, not much posting since joined last year, to busy driving my new to me 2008 Porsche Cayman 2008 987.
some of my favoutie pics of my car.

·
Registered
2009 Porsche Boxster 2.9 w/PDK (Triple Black)
8 Posts
Fresh February wash after late January purchase...

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

I just bought this Cayman 987.2 with PDK a month ago and joined a racing competition last week and won champion cup :D. This is really a great car!

rheinol-48.jpg rheinol-32.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
'06 CS with 54k miles I picked up on 3/10/18. A few cosmetic nicks on it, but mechanically sound and a TON of options. 4 months of searching was worth the wait!

6-speed manual
Arctic Silver over Black Leather
PASM
Sport Chrono Package Plus
PCCB
18-way Adaptive Sport Seats
...among others

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is my 2007 Cayman. Picked it up a little bit ago, but I think this is the first photo I am posting here. Bought it up from the original owner who only ever serviced it at the dealership and never hesitated to do whatever was necessary. Has around 65,000 miles on it and I am totally loving it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just moved from 15 years of 924 owning, driving and modifying to the Cayman.
I find the Cayman to be smaller, just as loud but slower, less practical, much stiffer but better overall driving machine and much better sounding than the 924turbo.
My comparison is to my two modified 924 turbos, one probably sporting around 300hp and the other close to 200, both a good 100kgs lighter than the Cayman.
Overall I really like the Cayman and even though it feels slower than your average tweaked 924 turbo I find it just right to drive and enjoy. Wish it had more legroom though :)
If I had bought the manual I would have struggled to fit and operate the car with the third pedal.
The tiptronic is, for me, just perfect. It shifts quickly and allows me to focus on steering as well as giving me the needed legroom (missing clutch pedal can be used to rest your foot)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Guys & Gals,
New Porsche owner here, purchased my 2006 Cayman S 3 weeks ago. Absolutely love it! I have been eyeing the 987s for awhile and tracked down a very clean one with 70k miles in immaculate condition so I couldn't pass up the opportunity.
A little about myself, 28 Years old, Puerto Rican living in Sunny Las Vegas, NV. Sales Director of a Wrap shop, Purple Flare Wraps. Married to my best friend, which she is also a motor sport enthusiast. We have a our son Koda he is a 3 year old french bulldog.

I hope to gain some knowledge and make some pals here.
Heres a picture of my Cayman;

Attachments

1221 - 1240 of 1260 Posts