Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 1260 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just bought this morning because we are turning sixty next year!

2011 Meteor Gray/Sand Boxster base with PDK and aftermarket exhaust, 50k well maintained miles and the hardtop. Had to go with the pdk because wife has foot issues that prevent her from using the clutch for long periods without pain; super happy though with the performance of the pdk though. Can’t wait to pick it up on Wednesday

Attachments

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Just bought this morning because we are turning sixty next year!

2011 Meteor Gray/Sand Boxster base with PDK and aftermarket exhaust, 50k well maintained miles and the hardtop. Had to go with the pdk because wife has foot issues that prevent her from using the clutch for long periods without pain; super happy though with the performance of the pdk though. Can’t wait to pick it up on Wednesday
Congrats on your new baby, you guys are going to love it, as you can see by my signature am a bit of a Boxster fan... enjoy it in good health!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just purchased a 2011 Guards Red Sand Beige interior Cayman base, PDK, Bose, bi-xenon lights. This is my DD and I was sold on the PDK for that reason. I feel like I have the best of both worlds. My 2nd porsche (first one is a 68 912 - still in the garage).
IMG_20191107_165925 SMALL.jpg

·
Registered
897 Posts
Just purchased a 2011 Guards Red Sand Beige interior Cayman base, PDK, Bose, bi-xenon lights. This is my DD and I was sold on the PDK for that reason. I feel like I have the best of both worlds. Ny 2nd porsche (first one is a 68 912 - still in the garage).
congrats enjoy in good health. I’d love to see a pic of the 912.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The 06 987 was sold a while ago, but a replacement arrived yesterday. new to us 987.2
need to get it safety inspected (out of province car) but now winter has hit in ernest. so it may just be a garage queen for a few months,

·
Registered
2006 Porsche Cayman S
56 Posts
Well I have already made a few posts here but haven't "introduced" myself.

I recently took an 11 hour drive to Tampa from Nashville to trade my lifted, yes lifted, Audi Q3 for a 2006 Cayman S with ridiculously low 25k miles.

My father had recently bought and quickly sold (he's just more boring than the rest of us) a 2015 911 GTS with a Fabspeed exhaust. After putting some miles on that I had been bitten by the bug. But I always knew I was more of a mid-engine than rear-engine kind of person.

Anyway so here I am in the Cayman section.

So far I have:
  • Detailed the living crap out of it
  • Installed a head unit with apple car play
  • Ordered a DCTMS carbon steering wheel (few weeks away)
  • Tried to get new tires but the lock bolt is a mystery key...

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Cayman S, Tiptronic
151 Posts
Congrats and beautiful car! Your interior looks exactly that that of my '08 Cayman S (also tiptronic). And yes, I've detailed the heck out of it in the 2 months I've owned it, and have also purchased a Sony head unit which will be installed next week. Only difference is mine is Macadamia metallic.

·
Registered
2006 Porsche Cayman S
56 Posts
Thanks, and yeah I looked at one in the color, mine is manual though. :)

Headunit was a major b***h. Others have told me it was no biggie but mine seemed to drag out.

·
Registered
2008 Cayman S, Tiptronic
151 Posts
Yep....just looked at the first interior photo. Second one clearly shows the manual. Lucky you on that! I was able to pull my head unit fairly easily (maybe a 20 minute job) when I was verifying that the fuse hadn't blown (it hadn't). Putting the unit back in was pretty standard, too.Looking forward to having a nice head unit with multi-functions.

·
Registered
2006 Porsche Cayman S
56 Posts
Yep....just looked at the first interior photo. Second one clearly shows the manual. Lucky you on that! I was able to pull my head unit fairly easily (maybe a 20 minute job) when I was verifying that the fuse hadn't blown (it hadn't). Putting the unit back in was pretty standard, too.Looking forward to having a nice head unit with multi-functions.
I didn't have a problem pulling it, my wiring just didn't look like anything anyone else had posted or Crutchfield instructions. Maybe the previous owner had fiddled with it.

·
Registered
Cayman 987.2 2.9 PDK
203 Posts
Good morning from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia ... My wife calls my 2011 UK 🇬🇧 987.2 Base PDK (Yes, it came with go-fast "S" decals and stock XLS tail-pipes) my second wife! Guess it doesn't matter as she let me indulge in my first Porsche 👍🏼

1241 - 1260 of 1260 Posts