Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw these mentioned in the most recent Sports Car magazine: Pirelli's new DOT-approved, R-comp tires. The good news is that they will be available in the standard 987 OEM sizes for 18" and 19" wheels.

The bad news, I expect, will be the prices (which haven't been announced yet), especially compared to NT01s or R888s.

Sorry for the poor picture, I had to paste a screen-shot image; here's a link to the Pirelli ad: Pirelli news flyer

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Just saw these mentioned in the most recent Sports Car magazine: Pirelli's new DOT-approved, R-comp tires. The good news is that they will be available in the standard 987 OEM sizes for 18" and 19" wheels.

The bad news, I expect, will be the prices (which haven't been announced yet), especially compared to NT01s or R888s.

Sorry for the poor picture, I had to paste a screen-shot image; here's a link to the Pirelli ad: Pirelli news flyer
That's a nice looking tire, I'm sure it's competing with the Pilot Sport Cups. Just out of curiosity, how much do the NTO1s or R888's cost? I was always interested in picking up a pair but never looked up the prices. Tire life on track? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a nice looking tire, I'm sure it's competing with the Pilot Sport Cups. Just out of curiosity, how much do the NTO1s or R888's cost? I was always interested in picking up a pair but never looked up the prices. Tire life on track? Thanks
Yeah, the tread/siping does look very similar to MPSCs. You can get a set of NT01s from Discount Tire Direct for around $900; I'm not sure about where the best price for the R888s is (they aren't sold by Discount Tire or Tire Rack).

IIRC, I got around 12 or so track days out of my NT01s, and that included flipping them inside out on the rims, for extra life (I probably could have gotten a couple more days out of them, but I was pretty close to cording the shoulders). YMMV

1 - 3 of 3 Posts