Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now available is the Genuine Porsche Extended Height Console Lid with Embossed Logos in Leather or Alcantara!

Replaces the standard arm rest assembly with a taller version with logo. A direct replacement with no modifications, and genuine Porsche parts. Adds more storage capacity to the center console and taller design allows for resting the elbow at a more comfortable height. Aside from fixing these common gripes, the lid comes with an embossed Porsche Crest emblem and double stitching. The fit and finish is fantastic, art for your center console.

Hightlights include:
-Increased center console storage. Extra 1/2 inch of interior storage height in some spots, and side to side room increases from 2.5 inches to almost -5 inches.
-Raised height - almost 1 inch taller. More ergonomic and comfortable for most drivers.
-Gorgeous embossed Porsche crest emblem.
-Premium stitching.

Leather Version: Click Here

Alcantara Version: Click Here

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Is this a redesign for the 991.2? Are they standard in the new cars?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Even at, hmm, $100 per cubic inch of gained capacity, that's pretty.

And even available in non-black colors.:thanks:

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Does it come in black with Luxor Beige stitching? :D

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How long would this take to remove the old and install? I'd like to have the extra room but really like the logo look,
You have to remove the carpet/trim behind the center console lid to access the hinge, which shouldn't take too long. Once you pull the hinge pin, the entire armrest assembly comes out and the new version can be installed in minutes. We say probably about a half hour. If you've been longing for more storage space then you will love this upgrade. This is a huge improvement over the 991/981 version.

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,841 Posts
Is deviated stitching optional?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just confirming that the lid matches a 2016 Cayman with complete Agate Grey leather interior....correct?

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Is there a video that you guys have that shows the installation ??? Seems kinda weird as to why they don't post a video of what is needed... ?
Regards
Ed
There is an install article on this site in our Articles section, you need a full browser to get to it, not Tapatalk or mobile client. I think the news item on the home page also links to the article.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is an install article on this site in our Articles section, you need a full browser to get to it, not Tapatalk or mobile client. I think the news item on the home page also links to the article.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Thanks Ken very much :cheers:
Best
Ed

·
Registered
184 Posts
Installed this over last weekend. Not too bad of a diy job. You have to remove the aluminum strut bar behind the seats and its surrounding trim as well as the lower b pillar trim. Two bolts for the bar itself and the trim just pops on/off. The carpet behind the seats just lifts out after that.
Remove the plastic hinge cover, pull the pin, remove the old assembly and reinstall the new one replacing the pin.
I think the extended height Alcantara lid is a great deal @$340 considering it has the stitching on the side. By comparison the normal height Alcantara lid with stitching is like $1,250 or something crazy.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Any pictures of the final product fitted 850tgul?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just wanted to add some info that may be helpful to others. I ordered this extended height armrest from Suncoast as a Father's Day gift from my wife (she appreciates my help :)). Out of curiosity, and not having the time yesterday to do a full install, I removed the stock lid to see if the new one would mount to the existing structure. It will, but only the 2 leading torx screws will reach the receiving holes. The other 6 are recessed more than the stock lid due to the additional height of the new lid. That said, I have it installed with just these 2 screws intact and it functions fine as is. I'll go pick up some longer screws to affix the remaining 6. Point is, if you don't care about the added space (not important to me) this becomes a simple swap to get the cool logo and stitching as well as the additional height without going thru the full install.

lid 1.jpg lid 2.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts