Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I've posted on P9 before but finally found my "one" after looking (and saving) for a few years.
It's a 2007 Cayman in Speed Yellow with black leather and 25k miles.

It's optioned as follows:

342 Heated Front Seats
393 17" Boxster II Wheels
446 Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest
573 Automatic Climate Control
640 Sport Chrono Package Plus
680 Bose High End Surround Package
AN Black Standard Leather
CDN Air Vent Slats Painted Ext Color
CDP Instrument Surround Painted Ext Color
CXB Door Entry Guards Stainless Steel Illuminated
M6A Black Mats - Porsche Lettering
P16 PCM 2.1
P74 Bi-Xenon Headlamp Package (with pop-up headlamp washers)
X4 Speed Yellow
XFH Instrument Dials Speed Yellow
XSC Porsche Crest in Headrest
XSY Seat Belts - Speed Yellow

I bought it from California and had it shipped to Tennessee around Christmas (Merry Christmas to me!).

I was originally in the market for a 987.2 S MT in Speed Yellow with Sport Seats as a wish list item.

I found this one which had low miles and the seemingly uncommon Sport Chrono Plus package for a base model. That, plus the Bi-Xenons and it being otherwise nicely optioned and in very good shape made me seriously look at this one.

Then I found out it was actually owned by a guy just down the road from me before it made it out to the California owner! So I was able to speak personally with him as well as my local Porsche dealer to get a factual and personal history on it. The Porsche mechanic was able to look up its service history and revealed to me that this vehicle had the rear main seal replaced and the IMS seal "fix" so there should be very little concern at all on this car's IMS bearing ever failing.

All those things considered, I pulled the trigger and about 1200 miles into my ownership of my first Porsche, I am ECSTATIC!

The handling on the mid-engine Cayman is unbelievable and the engine is so responsive to throttle input with the Sport Chrono switched on. It's so much better overall than I even imagined, honestly.

I have already ordered replacement Climate control switches to fix the usual worn out buttons and also radio volume and select knobs that are gummy.

The PCM is the only thing I'm considering changing out to a modern non-OEM version. The lack of Bluetooth and the cumbersome nature of the PCM is kind of letting me down.

Looking forward to many future years of ownership and being part of the Porsche brotherhood (OK, brotherhood is a bit of a stretch maybe...).
I've attached a few photos of "Butter" (my nickname for her). Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Merry Xmas to you, really like the yellow instrument panels! Have fun!
Thanks I love the yellow accents including the Speed Yellow seat belts. But the yellow air vent slats had to grow on me, I admit. They were a bit much until I got used to them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My neighbor took a pretty nice stealth shot of me coming home today. They just happened to be outside taking some photos and suddenly I get this text. I had no idea. I thought his security camera caught it or something until I noticed it was a little too nice quality to be security screen grab.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts