Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just purchased my first Porsche over the past weekend. I am already in love with it. It's a 2009 Cayman S PDK Black/Beige. I searched over a month till I got the exact one I wanted. and now I can't wait to start doing modifications. But at the same time it feels so nice with factory parts. haha. :D

I live in Northern Virginia DC Metropolitan area and I was just wondering if there are any 987 or just Porsche clubs in general around. I found the weekly meetups at Katie's (Great falls cars & coffee) and Fairlakes cars & coffee where all the sports cars and exotics meet up. But I am more interested in finding Porsche only clubs.

To be more accurate I live in Gainesville, VA (more west of DC) and was thinking if I found a few other Porsche owners from this forum we can maybe do a weekly meetup or hang out at the local Starbucks at Linton Hall. Just to talk about cars, future mods, or even life what not. haha. if you are familiar with the area hit me up! :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just purchased my first Porsche over the past weekend. I am already in love with it. It's a 2009 Cayman S PDK Black/Beige. I searched over a month till I got the exact one I wanted. and now I can't wait to start doing modifications. But at the same time it feels so nice with factory parts. haha. :D

I live in Northern Virginia DC Metropolitan area and I was just wondering if there are any 987 or just Porsche clubs in general around. I found the weekly meetups at Katie's (Great falls cars & coffee) and Fairlakes cars & coffee where all the sports cars and exotics meet up. But I am more interested in finding Porsche only clubs.

To be more accurate I live in Gainesville, VA (more west of DC) and was thinking if I found a few other Porsche owners from this forum we can maybe do a weekly meetup or hang out at the local Starbucks at Linton Hall. Just to talk about cars, future mods, or even life what not. haha. if you are familiar with the area hit me up! :)
Chantilly, VA here! The Cars & Coffee are both great meets. There is also one up in MD, but I have yet to go to one.

Congrats on the purchase! :cheers:
This thread me be better here: http://www.planet-9.com/u-s-mid-atlantic-region/

·
Registered
574 Posts
Join the PCA. The local region most likely has a cars and coffee at least once monthly in your area.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
The PCA Potomac region is huge....maybe the largest region. And they are very active. You'll surely find some like souls and activities. Enjoy.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Lots of Porsche folks and many others (exotics, classics, sports and hot rods) at:
<http://katiescarsandcoffee.com> any Saturday 6-9 am.

and
<http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/mid-atlantic/296703-2013-fair-lakes-va-c-c-kohls-thread-9.html> any Sunday 8-10

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the area.

Suggestion on how to get connected..

Cars and Coffee in Great falls, 6speedonline organize a local back roads drive.
PCA of course.

If you get into the DE/Track there is a website called "Dorkiphus" of local NOVA Porsche guys who race and do PCA DEs.

Best,
Paul

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Chuck and Paul. I will definitely check out both of those venues soon. And I just signed up to be a PCA member. So far I've gotten a lot of great advice on Planet 9. Thank you all for that. I just wanna say that being a new Porsche owner is a great feeling! wooohoo! :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Forgot to mention that the PCA does a brunch on Sat am alternating between VA and MD locations.

It is a great way to meet everyone and talk cars.

-Paul

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Forgot to mention that the PCA does a brunch on Sat am alternating between VA and MD locations.

It is a great way to meet everyone and talk cars.

-Paul
Awesome. Yeah, I just signed up but I have yet to receive a confirmation of my membership. Only the email that it is processing... XD

I have been checking out the Potomac Region's blog. It looks like they just added a new event on there. Some trip to North Carolina I believe. I am actually a user experience user interface designer... wondering if I can suggest to get that site revamped. It's a bit dated. I guess I'll wait till my PCA membership goes through first. haha. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For you guys on the west side of 66 in Northern VA. I am planning to make a regular meet up for cars and coffee out in Gainesville, VA. Let me know if you are interested in joining. I started a small Facebook group for it too:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/338443732958014/339828352819552/?notif_t=like

My friend and I regularly meet up on Saturday nights for late night coffee around 8pm. But I'm thinking if more people show up we can do it more regularly on Sundays at 8am-10am.

The location is at the Starbucks inside of Linton Hall plaza. Here is the address:

7375 Atlas Walk Way, Bldg G, Gainesville, VA 20155

·
Registered
671 Posts
It would be best to post/look in the regional forum (mid-atlantic).

As posted there is a large PCA club here and they have some kind of event almost every weekend. I usually post their events in the regional forum but I admit I've been slacking lately.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It would be best to post/look in the regional forum (mid-atlantic).

As posted there is a large PCA club here and they have some kind of event almost every weekend. I usually post their events in the regional forum but I admit I've been slacking lately.
Thanks. I will check out those threads. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I attended the Cars & Coffee in Great Falls this past Saturday. It was a great turn out! Don't remember seeing any other Caymans though.

If you see an Artic Silver 987.1 with tags "C7S 987" that's me. Give me a shout if you run into me. :cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts