Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all

Have been wanting a porsche for a long while now, but kept putting it off as felt it was a selfish car with a young family.
Well the time came to finally purchase that selfish car as figured if i dont do it now, i never will.

Coming from wrx's golf GTI's and my last car a scirocco R, this is just something special.

I found this lovely 2011 my12 Black edition boxster S it virtually pristine condition with very low KM's.

Have had it now for just over a week, and gave it a full detail over the weekend.
At the moment its completely stock, and am going to just leave it that way for a while to get use to the vehicle

Look forward to spending some time here and learning more about these lovely machines.
I know this is going to be the beginning of a dangerous slippery slope

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
very nice ride you have there! Love those wheels ... still can't get hold of a set of those :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
very nice ride you have there! Love those wheels ... still can't get hold of a set of those :(
Thank you, they are a beautiful wheel. Have only seen them in silver through suncoast parts.

Nice looking car. Top quality tyres too.
thanks Trev, yes, they sure are a great tyre. No point putting cheapies on a performance car i say.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Great to have some RHD pics! the key is in the right position compared to LHD models :)

the car looks like its been really well kept and with a lot of nice options.

your last ride was a Scirocco R? how different is your new ride to the previous?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great to have some RHD pics! the key is in the right position compared to LHD models :)

the car looks like its been really well kept and with a lot of nice options.

your last ride was a Scirocco R? how different is your new ride to the previous?

The scirocco was a very nice car, but the porsche even in the short time of ownership is in another league.
the rocco's suspension was harsher, wouldnt soak up the bumps as nicely. If in sports mode, you would feel the shudder when going over road bumps.
Taking off in the wet was laughable, and because i had modded it, and even though i put wider 265/30/19 tyres on to help with traction, it would still lose traction very easily if you were not careful.
In the dry though i had no issues, having anti lift kit, dog bone and other supsension goodies helped greatly.
Mine was a 6 speed manual instead of the DSG.

INterior, they are very close, both have about the same creature comforts, though i do miss the reverse camera on the scirocco. Something i would like to add to the boxster whilst maintaining the stock sat nav pcm 3.0

Seats and seating position hands down the porsche wins again.

I havent pushed the porsche hard as yet, just getting use to they was it handles, but one can easily tell it handle beautifully around the corners and is so well balanced.
Look forward to taking it on the track one day to put it through its paces
Interior and creature comforts, i think they are on par, i do miss the reverse camera, which is something i want to put into the porsche and retain the stock sat nav system PCM 3.0.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats B_P, I recently got a very similar 'first Porsche' - A Black 2011 Boxster S PDK under CPO. Not the 'Black Edition' however. That's very sweet. I'd like to 'fake it' eventually - with black side air intake and black wheels.

I'm sneaking off every nice afternoon I get, heading down the coast with a smile on my face.

Things I' getting used to besides phenomenal balance, handling and acceleration in lower gears:

PDK - This whole mid-world between manual and automatic trans. When starting out or reversing - especially before warmed up, - the momentary engagement delay as I bring up revs slightly - just like it would be if I where bringing up revs as I engaged the clutch.
Experimenting with different modes ie. manual, sport with manual downshifts as desired (most common way I'm driving it on sport rides). The sound of 'redline' approaching (comes a little quicker than expected)

That this engine uses (burns?) a tiny bit of oil and the level needs to be checked often.
(I haven't had to refill it yet- checked level always good)
Momentary puff of smoke on starting (normal with this engine apparently)
Warm engine smell after pulling into garage after a ride.
Using garage for a car all together ;)

19" wheels - look great but road imperfections are felt a bit too keenly, - getting used to it though
(Are your's 18" or 19" wheels?) I am open to trading by the way - if anyone out there wants to (in San Francisco Bay area)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Noam, first of all congrats on the car mate.

the PDK hesitation from standstill isnt as bad as the DSG in the VW's.
I have also driven the mercedes A45 with their double clutch gear box and its also got that hesitation before it engages first gear.
you do get use to it though.

As for the ride, maybe coming from the scirocco which was very harsh, i find the ride on the boxster very nice in stock form.
the wheels on mine are 19's and runs 235/35 front tyres and 265.35 rears

The scirocco also burned a fair bit of oil, i checked the porsche one last night and still showing full

·
Registered
625 Posts
Very nice and congrats! That car is beautiful.

I agree with your plan to not mod it - that was my plan too. In my case, after 2 years, 8 track (DE) days and a few days chasing 991 turbos on the twisty back roads, I have yet to find a reason to mod anything on my 987. In my opinion, you're in a new league (as you said) in a car built for high performance so no need to mod. If you have not already done so, spend your mod budget on high performance driving schools and improving your own skills until you can push your car to the limits and then figure out how to expand the car's ability.

Reactions: Black_Pearl
1 - 20 of 26 Posts