Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an idea of where this rubber piece should go, left over when changing seat belts, so must relate to top or middle trim covering the seatbelt mechanism.
Really bugging my OCD so want to make sure it goes back together correctly.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
looked in repair manual and parts book
not shown anywhere
you owe me 1-2 hours research

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have you pulled apart the trim on the other side to see where it fits. Often grommets and clips like this are just parts or another larger part that is listed.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Part looks very familiar; bugging me

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Probably the only way you will know is take apart the other side carefully so the one on that side doesn't pop off. A few year ago I put a abunch of Dynamat to the rear of the seats and around the wheel wells underneath the rear cubbey holes. That work required taking apart just about every peice of trim that one could take apart. I saw a few of these in different places but don't remember exactly where. These things pop off real easy and unless you saw where it was before it popped off it is hard to figure out where it was originally. Usually these pop off and fall into a hole somewhere never to be seen again. I am guessing their purpose is to isolate plastic trim pieces so they don't squeak,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you pulled apart the trim on the other side to see where it fits. Often grommets and clips like this are just parts or another larger part that is listed.
Was hoping to avoid doing that in case I loose any more clips :LOL:

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
[QUOTE="MidLifeCrisis, post: 2140223, member: 35250"
A few year ago I put a abunch of Dynamat to the rear of the seats and around the wheel wells underneath the rear cubbey holes.
[/QUOTE]
MidLife, did you noticed a big improvement (reduction..) on the road noise? Was it worth it the trouble?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently installed some window defusers that, on my Cayman, required that I disassemble both inside door panels. After the first one was removed I saw a very similar piece of rubber lying on the driveway. I was perplexed and decided I would pay much closer attention when disassembling the other door. Unfortunately before I could see what was happening the rubber piece from the other side was lying on the driveway. I contacted the folks that made the defuser, showed them a photo just like yours and was told that Porsches uses these to keep loose wiring from rattling inside the door and making noise. I can tell you I wasn't going to disassemble both doors again to find out where these went. So far no rattling noise. My pieces looked pretty much like the one in your photo so you might consider what wires (or other dangling items) this rubber "clip/bumper" was for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts