Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hope you all dont mind me sharing a few pics of what Ive been up to lately with my 981CS. Several weeks ago I got a screw in my right rear tire. It was too close to the sidewall to be repaired, and, not being a fan of Pirellis anyway, I used the excuse to change out all 4 tires to Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 245/35 up front and 275/35 in back. About a week later my back ordered spacers arrived and I added 8mm to the front and 10mm to the rear.
Then the fun really began. I did a makeover on my garage...painting, adding flooring and finally some cabinets. Man I love this car...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Everything looks great! Your spacer set-up is pretty much what I'll be going with as well. Impressive garage!

A tad bit more sidewall on the tire doesn't hurt and I'm sure the effect on the speedo reading is minuscule.

Btw, which brand of spacers did you go with?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with ECS tuning spacers.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Your garage floor looks great! I really need to do something like that in my garage.... after I clean it up a bit

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I used Schnell, he seems to have them on sale often.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used Schnell, he seems to have them on sale often.
I originally wanted to go with Schnell, but, he only does 7mm or 15mm and I didnt want to go that aggressive in the rear. So I opted to go with ECS because they offered a great variety of sizes and the quality is top notch. I helped a buddy of mine install ECS spacers on his MK7 GTI so I got to see them first hand before I placed the order.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Car looking good and with nice home for it too!

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
WOW your garage looks great!! (Car's not so bad either. ;-) ). Congrats on the fun projects.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Is there a noticebale difference with the new tires/sizes or not really?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Beautiful car and garage! RaceDeck??

Also would love to hear your impressions of the PSS's vs. the Pirelli's. Have PSS's on my RX-7 and they are outstanding. Will be making the same move once the Pirelli's are toast (or I have a similar excuse to yours :))

·
Registered
798 Posts
Love the stance...and nice garage. My one recommendation would be tinted tail lights. They look amazing on a white car and really contrast the red / black accents the car already has.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice! I am a big fan of this tire size setup. I'm running the same sizes with 10mm front spacer and 12mm rear. The rear rubs over big bumps with the 12mm spacer, so I might switch to 10mm all around.

Parked next to a yellow Cayman at work the other day and grabbed this shot which I think demonstrates the difference in stance. The Cayman is an S, so I'm assuming 1cm drop from PASM, and my car has been lowered on TPI Racing springs (roughly equivalent to sport suspension).

IMG_3709.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Is there a noticebale difference with the new tires/sizes or not really?

Seems a touch smoother and quieter.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Beautiful car and garage! RaceDeck??

Also would love to hear your impressions of the PSS's vs. the Pirelli's. Have PSS's on my RX-7 and they are outstanding. Will be making the same move once the Pirelli's are toast (or I have a similar excuse to yours
)

Thanks! The flooring is actually perfection floor from lowes. I liked the fact that the tiles are 20.5" x 20.5" and pvc so they contour to the floor a bit better then the rigid race deck tiles. I also wanted to avoid the "clack clack" sound some of the more rigid floor tires are reported to make. Although the Race Deck XL was a close second choice. As far as tires go, I like the PSSs much more. Ive never been a Pirelli fan, over priced and over rated as far as Im concerned. I prefer Michelin or Bridgestone tires. I think it comes from working in tire/automotive shop for a few years in my younger days and seeing Bridgestones and Michelins always run truer and take less weight to balance properly.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 30 Posts