Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

We're currently working on our new track mule. We started with a basic Cayman S, here is the current list of upgrades:

* OZ Wheels
* Wheel Spacers: RSS 7mm (front), 15mm (rear)
* H&R Lowering Springs
* X51 Oil Pan
* LN Engineering Oil Pan Spacer
* Larger Throttle Body with IPD Plennum
* Clear Side Markers
* Evolution Motorsports Air Intake
* Sport Pedal Set
* Factory Short Shift Kit
* GT3 Brake Duct Spoilers
* AWE Exhaust System

This is the first phase of the modifications, some further performance and exterior upgrades are coming. If you're in our area, expect to see this vehicle at local events, auto-crosses, and Sebring D.E's.. More photos to come...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Very nice----love the gold/black combo and the aggressive stance

Is this the '10 CS PDK that's been on the lot? I test drove it a few weeks ago and was impressed w/ the PDK, but noticed it had 17" rims on it and not the standard 18's that come on the S model, so thought you all may have had plans for these rims on it the whole time

·
The driver formally known as Torque
895 Posts
Very nice----love the gold/black combo and the aggressive stance

Is this the '10 CS PDK that's been on the lot? I test drove it a few weeks ago and was impressed w/ the PDK, but noticed it had 17" rims on it and not the standard 18's that come on the S model, so thought you all may have had plans for these rims on it the whole time
Looks like this car is a Gen 1 car. So... probably not ;)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Looks like this car is a Gen 1 car. So... probably not ;)

noted..........I guess I'm still to new to the Cayman scene to pick up on that yet ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow, absolutely stunning! My vehicle is triple black and I am currently on gloss black wheels Carrera lightweights, the following month I will have my gun metal Forgestar F14's installed, and at the end of the year I am ordering a set of Champion RG5's. I may have to opt for the set in gold! Please keep us all posted as track transition progresses.

On a side note, are the wheels 18" or 19" in diameter?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm pretty sure those wheels are only available in 19's, right?

·
Registered
240 Posts
That's right, 19's and 20's for those.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Awesome car, thanks for sharing. I look forward to following it's development. Will you be adding a PS fluid cooler and more engine oiling improvements? Those seem to be soft spots in a CS that sees track duty.

·
Registered
28 Posts

We're currently working on our new track mule. We started with a basic Cayman S, here is the current list of upgrades:

* OZ Wheels
* Wheel Spacers: RSS 7mm (front), 15mm (rear)
* H&R Lowering Springs
* X51 Oil Pan
* LN Engineering Oil Pan Spacer
* Larger Throttle Body with IPD Plennum
* Clear Side Markers
* Evolution Motorsports Air Intake
* Sport Pedal Set
* Factory Short Shift Kit
* GT3 Brake Duct Spoilers
* AWE Exhaust System

This is the first phase of the modifications, some further performance and exterior upgrades are coming. If you're in our area, expect to see this vehicle at local events, auto-crosses, and Sebring D.E's.. More photos to come...

how big are those OZ wheels and tires on your project car?

·
Registered
410 Posts
GT3 Brake Duct Spoilers should I be running them it seems like a no brainer just not sure they will really help but I guess they can't hurt right ?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts