Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New! T-Design made perfect cup holder for coffee lovers

I know I was never happy with factory cup holders. I know a lot of other people too. So here we go:

We know you love your factory cup holder. Those little delicate things perfectly adequate to hold something small, like a sippy cup. Try not to drip on PCM and A/C console. Drive carefully, so your coffee doesn't fly away. Hold your steering wheel with the knee while you tightening cup holder every time.

We understand. The space in a cockpit of a sports car is limited. So it's impossible to design a perfect cup holder. Make it work for everything and everybody. So we didn't try. We just designed a cup holder that's perfect for coffee lovers.

We called it Nurburgring. Like a famous race track. Because this cup holder is strong enough to take any G's Porsche can produce. So you can literally take your coffee to the track (but probably better not to, and just focus on your racing). And it's basically a ring. Nurburg-ring, get it?

Nurburgring cup holder will work with most regular sized, conical coffee tumblers. The model in the picture is Starbucks Stainless Steel 12oz Tumbler. It also works perfectly with 16oz tumbler and everything similar to those in shape and size. The ring diameter is 3".

Smaller size passenger's have no problem with this cup holder. If you have a bigger passenger once in a while - the ring can be quickly folded/rotated out of the way.

Porsche Accessories and Mods - Nurburgring Cup Holder

Reactions: canux and gearFX

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bravo! Just to clarify, is the inner diameter of the ring exactly 3" so the foam padded liner actually reduces the size of the cup that the ring will accept? Or is the inner diameter of the foam ring 3"?

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The cup holder can be installed with sunglass holster (and will be in my car). I just didn't do it for pictures, to not distract from featured product

Here:

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
3" is useful diameter. So the tumbler will sit there where it's 3" in diameter. Of course the ring can be made of any size, but I stopped at 3" after measuring all kinds of different tumblers.

Also, after driving for a while with it - that starbucks tumbler in the pictures is exact match for Porsche aluminum and black colors. So it looks like it's a part of an interior!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've always found it kind of amazing how Porsche engineers had the foresight to place both cup holders so they came out directly in front of A/C vents. Clearly they were interested in their customer's well being trying to insure they wouldn't burn their mouths with hot coffee. Emoticon Yellow Black Smiley Smile

I'm kind of shocked this cup holder hasn't evolved sooner.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I've always found it kind of amazing how Porsche engineers had the foresight to place both cup holders so they came out directly in front of A/C vents. Clearly they were interested in their customer's well being trying to insure they wouldn't burn their mouths with hot coffee. View attachment 170322

I'm kind of shocked this cup holder hasn't evolved sooner.
They are in front of the A/C vents to keep your beer cold! Didn't you read the manual? :beer:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
T-Design,
What's the Eye-of-Mordor thing above your radio?

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.