Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Boxster S that I bought 1 year ago. I have a 3 year lease through PFS.

I do not track the car and most of the time (99%) drive it conservatively mostly on Freeways.

I was wondering if I will need to buy new tires prior to the 3 year to meet the lease requirements. If so, I might as well buy it at 1 1/2 years. No sense in waiting until the 3 year lease is up to buy new tires. Anyone with experience on this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Have you measured the tire wear?

If you measure the tread when new and then after you've been driving a while you can get a pretty good idea of how long they'll last for you. Its difficult to go by other's experience as personal driving style has to a lot to do with tire wear. Measuring the tread periodically is a good idea in general it can point up problems, or confirm things are in good health.

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
I have a 2014 Boxster S that I bought 1 year ago. I have a 3 year lease through PFS.

I do not track the car and most of the time (99%) drive it conservatively mostly on Freeways.

I was wondering if I will need to buy new tires prior to the 3 year to meet the lease requirements. If so, I might as well buy it at 1 1/2 years. No sense in waiting until the 3 year lease is up to buy new tires. Anyone with experience on this?

Thanks.
Geez. You will have to buy tires to meet your lease requirements at turn in.

You posted that yours is a DD with 12 - 15k miles a year. Have you even searched on here about the longevity of summer tires in miles? The front to rear wear ratio, etc, etc, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts