Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased from Acer Racing in Cali, delivered in 3 days to FL...was tired of the rusted ones on my new to me Box S, upgraded to the lockable lug. They also gave a 10% discount so with tax, delivered $238.00 Before and after below:dance: Here's the acer link, some are searching for them on Suncoast...that reference was for the colored crest wheel caps! https://www.acerracing.com/ACERLug_Titanium_Lug_Nuts_Bolts-128-1.html

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Wait. I'm not seeing any Porsche lug nuts + bolts on their site. Only Ti lug bolts. What exactly did you buy?
There's an extra 10% off today (not sure if that is just an everyday hook) using code AA10

Unfortunately, I've got 5mm front and 14mm rear spacers. So they've got nothing for the rear. Plus, when you've got a mixed size order (10 + 10) the unit price goes up a lot.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just sent them an email and they sent the link for the nuts/bolts...Yes to get the locking lug it's an extar $48, they give you the locking socket as well. Just email them, they are quick to respond and they ship free by 3 day priority USPS.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes, I noticed that Suncoast has them for $169...went into the West Palm Porsche dealer..they quoted me $528!! for colored plastic wheel caps! I'm never going in that shop again, total rip off! Suncoast seems to have very fair reasonable prices. I just bought the silver wheel trim paint kit they offer, will report back after touching up a small spot. I did repalce the stem valves with the colored caps! $20. Again WPB Porsche quoted $68 on those as well...lol It pays to surf for OEM parts.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm assuming Acer Racing...the Suncoast link above is working...this took me all of 2 sec's to pull up and one click on a google search just now...here you go....email them your specific year and model car to insure the right fit. Boxster wasn't listed so I just emailed, they confirmed by reply with a link...simple process.
https://www.acerracing.com/ACERLug_Titanium_Lug_Nuts_Bolts-128-1.html

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I'm assuming Acer Racing...the Suncoast link above is working...this took me all of 2 sec's to pull up and one click on a google search just now...here you go....email them your specific year and model car to insure the right fit. Boxster wasn't listed so I just emailed, they confirmed by reply with a link...simple process.
https://www.acerracing.com/ACERLug_Titanium_Lug_Nuts_Bolts-128-1.html
Looking good, great minds think alike, I of course had black bolts on my car but the desire was the same, clean them up! ;)

Attachments

Reactions: Abaco24

·
Registered
106 Posts
What is the correct part number for the titanium lug bolts for a 2015 Boxster S? Is it: ALTIBX ?? I see a couple of different numbers, but want to confirm that ALTIBX is correct so that I can order. I e mailed ACER a few days ago, but received no reply. I followed up with a phone call, again no response from them. Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My face is RED..... ACER did respond. Their response was in my spam filter and I didn't look in there! I have ordered the titanium lug bolts! The wheel locks are on backorder, delivery about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yes, I noticed that Suncoast has them for $169...went into the West Palm Porsche dealer..they quoted me $528!! for colored plastic wheel caps! I'm never going in that shop again, total rip off! Suncoast seems to have very fair reasonable prices. I just bought the silver wheel trim paint kit they offer, will report back after touching up a small spot. I did repalce the stem valves with the colored caps! $20. Again WPB Porsche quoted $68 on those as well...lol It pays to surf for OEM parts.
Look on Panjo for wheel caps.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Purchased from Acer Racing in Cali, delivered in 3 days to FL...was tired of the rusted ones on my new to me Box S, upgraded to the lockable lug. They also gave a 10% discount so with tax, delivered $238.00 Before and after below:dance: Here's the acer link, some are searching for them on Suncoast...that reference was for the colored crest wheel caps! https://www.acerracing.com/ACERLug_Titanium_Lug_Nuts_Bolts-128-1.html
Did the same several months ago. Good deal. And I also shaved 1 lb 5.4 oz off total vehicle weight!
Screw Auto part Nozzle Fastener Hardware accessory
Alloy wheel Wheel Rim Spoke Vehicle

·
Registered
514 Posts
Covered my rusty bolts with plastic covers a couple years ago, but am contemplating going titanium. Does titanium need a special soft socket, or is the surface hard enough that my impact socket will not damage it? I believe it is generally pretty hard stuff, but don't know what variety is used in lug bolts, so looking for some feedback from someone who has a set.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Took mine to my local Euro guy, swaped them for $10. The locking socket is a 1/2 inch vs a 3/4 on the OEM socket, but they obviously ship the socket with the set. Don't over think lugs and bolts...yes they are tough, don't know what they used to install, but no marks, just order and be happy to not have rusty nuts! $60 per wheel.
$149 plus $48 for upgrade to a locking bolt and nut with included socket..$238 shipped. Or order Genuine Porsche "POS" steel replacements for $50 to $80 shipped and have them rust again. You decide....:cheers:

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I have a set of OEM silver nuts that are used on my winter wheels...5 years and I've never seen a spot of rust on 'em. Also have black OEM nuts for my Boxster Spyder wheels, and no signs of rust, It it the salt and humidity in the air in coastal states that's causing rust?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
IDK, mine came from upper NY so I doubt salt or humidity. However so that we don't debate the virtues of different lug nuts and bolts to death, we all make decisions.
All OEM I have seen all seem to rust, they are steel after all. In your example with little use and switching tires I can see why they may be in good shape.
I didn't mind the extra $$ and prefer the fact they will never rust and look great on my wheels.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.