Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder if anyone can help. My first porsche..a beautiful agate grey with luxor beige interior, 6 sp man, and sport chrono package just landed at my door. Bought out of state and the vehicle inspection missed an issue. BOTH diver and passenger seats have lumbar and thigh bolsters that do not work. Seatback angle, fore/aft and up/down work just fine. thought it must be a fuse but the only seat adjustment fuse called out in the manual makes all functions inoperative when removed. Don't know if it's related but the seat memory set button does not light up either and none of the buttons work. Any ideas from the more experienced crowd?

·
Registered
491 Posts
You might want to search for seat initialization. i don't recall the exact steps but it basically involves moving the driver's seat to its extents. I think I had a similar situation though where that did not take care of the issue and I had to have the dealer reset it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks..I had found that earlier about moving the seat to it's limits...didn't work for me either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got my Cayman S with the same issue, and tried to run the seats to their limits to no remedy. It was blowing fuse A3. Under warranty, Porsche replaced the bolsters (991-521-394-00) on both seats as well as seat control unit (970-618-537-13).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe my Foxwell NT530 OBDII device has sections on seat electronics to check codes/test and calibrate. It could help narrow down a bit more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts