Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feels good to be back in the ”family” again. Long time member, lucky enough to have owned a couple of Porsches - most notably the red one still in my profile pic. But I became a father, got different priorities. However I have been blessed with an extremely understanding wife and the economy to balance both having family, house, and now getting back into a Porsche.

Coming from a couple of 987.2 generation cars, I really wanted the driving experience back that I fell in love with. I looked both for a family-Porsche in a 997.2 convertible PDK, didn’t like the test drive. Looked for a 718 Cayman T, was attracted by having a brand new Porsche but it got sold on my way to the dealer. Chose between an almost new 718 Boxster S and a 981 Boxster S, and the choice was quite simple. For me it’s about the experience, no doubt the 718 handles well and is fast as h*ll but there is not the same soul in it as a flat-6 porsche. Anyways here it is:

My daughter was both curious and eager to take a ride:

I am a little unsure about the build specs, cannot find any info and putting in the VIN doesn’t show options. But it has a flat-6 with 315hp, six speed manual and sport seats - in other words the most important stuff is there :).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Congratulations, welcome to the 981 BS fan club. I bought my 2013 in January 2017 and plan to keep it for many years. Have fun as the weather finally gets warmer.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Reactions: M. Schneider

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations, welcome to the 981 BS fan club. I bought my 2013 in January 2017 and plan to keep it for many years. Have fun as the weather finally gets warmer.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk
Thanks!

vinanalytics.com should have the build sheet.
Thanks, already tried and I for some reason get a validation error.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys are lucky....I missed out on 2 others in the last month. Difficult to hit on the right options.
I know the feeling. I had two 981 deals and one 718 Cayman T fail on me prior to landing this one. However the 981’s were base models and with the 718 I would have regretted not having a flat 6. Then I finally found a 981BS. Patience is virtue I guess. 😊

·
Registered
34 Posts
Excellent = I had the same choice, and made the same choice - 2015 CS with 17k miles..... Love the flat 6

1 - 11 of 11 Posts