Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!
Dave here and I’m new here as well as new to Porsche! Have been wanting one for a long time now and my dream has finally come true. I was looking for an air cooled 911 to be honest but the prices have just sky rocketed and have become unjustified in this stage of my life. Aka 2 little kids with too many house projects to list. I reset my expectations and started looking at the Boxster. I was settling at first and as I started digging further down the rabbit hole this started becoming the car for me in so many ways. It feels good to be back in the fun car category! Formerly coming from a 2001 Z06 modified in a previous life. Here is my 2006 Boxster S with PASM and full leather interior. 65k miles

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! Looking forward to a great experience as well as picking up a wealth of knowledge from you all!

·
Registered
2008 Cayman RS (my version) and 2010 GT3
699 Posts
Looks great… smart move, don’t ever be sports car poor it just takes the ownership joy right out of it

·
Registered
350 Posts
Looks great… smart move, don’t ever be sports car poor it just takes the ownership joy right out of it
Agreed! Wholeheartedly in fact.

One of the best ways to dip your toes into "Porsche" is fetching a well depreciated but currently healthy example, regardless of mid or rear engine flavor. Then discover what you didn't know that you didn't know. :)

By the time you have sponged a few thousand miles and a couple vital forum threads, you will know what to do next and you still haven't taken any real risks.

This new acquisition above couldn't be more a perfect example.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 Cayman RS (my version) and 2010 GT3
699 Posts
Agreed! Wholeheartedly in fact.

One of the best ways to dip your toes into "Porsche" is fetching a well depreciated but currently healthy example, regardless of mid or rear engine flavor. Then discover what you didn't know that you didn't know. :)

By the time you have sponged a few thousand miles and a couple vital forum threads, you will know what to do next and you still haven't taken any real risks.

This new acquisition above couldn't be more a perfect example.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Long ago when I started all this car stuff I found out fast what not to do… especially on these cars… motors are 15-25k, careful!! But have fun… no track use until you have the center radiator and an oil line to the bearing… smart money if that’s the intent

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone! It’s so true! I plan on tracking the car maybe next year so I will definitely dive deep into what I need to do to get started in that arena as far as what needs beefing up for that.
New car, new nuances, ha!

I just put a set of Soull crossover tips on just to truly make it mine. Other than that I just have the sloppy shifter coming up next and I’ve already gone in deep on that 🤯

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats!
I picked up my first car, at 31 years old 😅 , a 987.2 Boxster S in Carrara White and 28000km (17400m) on the clock a little over a month ago and it's already gathered over 4000km (2500m) more. Watch out, theyre addictive! Have you got access to a local Porsche Club for events?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats!
I picked up my first car, at 31 years old 😅 , a 987.2 Boxster S in Carrara White and 28000km (17400m) on the clock a little over a month ago and it's already gathered over 4000km (2500m) more. Watch out, theyre addictive! Have you got access to a local Porsche Club for events?
Congratulations! I am coming from the corvette world and have always wanted a Porsche. Having a blast so far. I just joined PCA and have joined the local chapter near me. Haven’t had a chance to come out to a event yet but looking forward for the next one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts