Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new the the forums and new to owning a Porsche, thought I would make a post and introduce myself. My name is Austin, I am 20, I belong to the Florida Citrus region in zone 12, and I just recently received my first Porsche, an 01 Speed Yellow Boxster. I was raised by a Porsche fanatic, my dad, with whom I have done several Porsche events within the past 3 years and am looking forward to doing many more. I am looking forward to talking with all of you in the future.

Austin

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi I am new the the forums and new to owning a Porsche, thought I would make a post and introduce myself. My name is Austin, I am 20, I belong to the Florida Citrus region in zone 12, and I just recently received my first Porsche, an 01 Speed Yellow Boxster. I was raised by a Porsche fanatic, my dad, with whom I have done several Porsche events within the past 3 years and am looking forward to doing many more. I am looking forward to talking with all of you in the future.

Austin
as another newbie, congrats, I love that yellow.

G

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
Congratulations. When I was 20 I was tooling around in an Audi and thought that was fun. Not really. Your dad must be a decent man indeed to trust all that horsepower and responsibility to you.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
999 Posts

Austin

I have a hard time imagining what it must be like to be a 20-year old yellow Boxster driver when other young people are driving around on one hand in gunmetal gray Honda Elements, Scions, and Nissan Qubes, and on the other hand in white low-rider Honda Accords with blue taillights, chrome 20-inch rims and fuzzy dice.

One thing for sure....you are much faster than they are. I always admire young PCA or Porsche people who inherit the bug and learn from their elders, whether its a pristine Boxster or a beat up old 944.

Congrats on your big banana :banana:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome! Great color by the way. ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have a hard time imagining what it must be like to be a 20-year old yellow Boxster driver when other young people are driving around on one hand in gunmetal gray Honda Elements, Scions, and Nissan Qubes, and on the other hand in white low-rider Honda Accords with blue taillights, chrome 20-inch rims and fuzzy dice.

One thing for sure....you are much faster than they are. I always admire young PCA or Porsche people who inherit the bug and learn from their elders, whether its a pristine Boxster or a beat up old 944.

Congrats on your big banana :banana:
When I was 20 I had a Neon! :eek:

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
999 Posts
When I was 20 I had a Neon! :eek:
At age 20, I had a 1970 Plymouth Satellite. Matched my hard hat and safety vest. 318 V8 with 2-barrel carb and column-mounted TorqueFlite Automatic, plus sonorous-sounding AM Radio. Rusted away by the day, RIP by 1984. I moved on to my dad's '73 Pontiac Luxury LeMans, and as that rusted away, eventually my first new car, a 1985 Dodge "Charger" (94 hp 2.2 liter with 5-speed).

·
Registered
358 Posts
Nice! When I was 20 I was running around in a 914 1.7, hate to date myself but I'm still driving mid engine porsches! congrats!
Same, but that car I paid $4500 and it was relatively clean. Salaries and such have gone up since then, but not by 10-12x :) A Boxter or Cayman is still a really nice starter car ;)

I was however quite happy with my 914. Drove it for nearly 15 years and despite needing a couple clutches and engine rebuild, repaint, interior, I got about 200,000 miles out of it before selling it for $2500. Great fun. The Cayman or a Boxster is the modern more powerful version of that car to me, but wouldn't it be cool if they made a pop-top Targa version of the car!!?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.