Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2006 cayman s. I am loving the car and now am very pleased that I found a forum that is active.

The car has cross competition suspension (not sure if I am fond of it, it's so low to the ground - but it drives like no other car I have ever witnessed). I purchased the Durametric computer and am impressed with the interface.

Glad to be on the forums. I will be looking to perhaps upgrade the bose -24 stereo system to a Nav system. I will be lurking and learning.

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Welcome and good driving!

I am no expert on cross suspension, but if it is like any other coilovers it has adjustable heigth. (I have no idea if it requires a tool like Bilstein to adjust the heigth) You can take it to a shop, or do it yourself with the appropiate tools and adjust the coilovers for heigth. Most likely you will have to corner balance it if you adjust the heigth.

Read the install article for the Bilstein adjustable suspention in the article section, and you will get a general idea.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Congrats.Look forward to seeing some pics.What part of Ireland does your family come from? County Kerry for myself.Annascaul to be more exact...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welcome and congratulations! Would love to see a few pictures.
Don't know if you're from Ireland or just of Irish descent but my wife and I fell in love with Ireland on a trip there several years ago. Would have loved having my Cayman on many of the roads we encountered there.
Enjoy your new ride.
BW

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new car.
Welcome to the Porsche Platz. May I suggest two things. First, really study the owner's manual, lots of nifty features are found therein. Second, when Spring finally comes, take a mini-vacation and just drive the car. You will return truly smitten. I did and still am smitten. Come on Spring. Ed

·
Registered
481 Posts
I just got my 2007 Cayman S on Wednesday and I am already looking at Google maps for a really nice mini-vacation drive.

- Phil

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Welcome to the borads PaddyFred ;) :cheers:

As said already if it's coilovers then it probably is adjustable and you can set it up how you like height and comfort wise.

Give us some more details i.e. options and most importantly :picsplz:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
If the lowered height doesn't cause too many issues you may end up liking the car as is. If not, as has been noted, you can raise the car without too much issue.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Congrats, on the car, by chance was this a California car? I looked at a with Cross coilovers about a year ago that was located in the Plamdale area. Good luck and have fun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts