Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Very nice! Do you still get the same thrill driving it now as you did when you first drove it two years ago?

I have a seal grey 2005 S and I get the same thrill every time I drive it!

-RobT

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah for sure I do. I had a 986s before this and it was a dream come true to own. It cost me like 10k and had 101k miles but it was a collector's car in beautiful shape and ALL MAINTENANCE RECORDS. I have a Tesla too so obviously the speed of the boxster s pales in comparison but nothing beats top down 6speed action. Plus former owner put a beast of a borla exhaust on it which sounds amazing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is my first Boxster and I bought it because my wife would no longer ride with me on my motorcycle (too many close calls from distracted drivers texting). With the top down and incredible handling, the Boxster is the closest thing to two wheeling I've experienced.

I'm looking at upgrading the exhaust to something more sporty and was considering the CARNEWAL GT exhaust modification but apparently the exhaust systems on the early 2005 Boxsters can't be modified. I looked on Borla's web site and couldn't find an exhaust system that fits a 987.1 either.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just said it recently, that 987 windows down (as in my cayman) or boxster with a good exhaust (I too have a Borla) is really close to driving a bike.

Very nice car!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts