Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pushing her a bit more this time as I've started to memorize the section better. Honestly, I don't know how much more car you could need (or want) on roads like this. But perhaps I'll have to drive a GT3 someday and revisit my statement. ;)

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Fun video! Now I know what it sounds like when you hit the limit with a MT.
I was pushing her a bit more this time as I've started to memorize the section better. Honestly, I don't know how much more car you could need (or want) on roads like this. But perhaps I'll have to drive a GT3 someday and revisit my statement. ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
That V1 never went off once, lucky you.

The video shows how silly capable modern sports cars are. You weren't close to the limits anywhere, though it sure looked like fun. Do you track it?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't been to the track yet but would definitely like to make some time.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
...and you never once exceeded the posted speed limits! Very nice video. Where was the microphone? Is this a GoPro mounted on the bar behind the driver?
What exhaust modifications do you have? PSE on in sport mode?

Great, and thanks for sharing.

(BTW, a 991 GT3 is a significantly better car than a 981 Cayman, IMHO, having driven one on mountain roads and on the track, back to back with my GTS. But it should be given it's almost twice the price--but not twice the value!)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...and you never once exceeded the posted speed limits! Very nice video. Where was the microphone? Is this a GoPro mounted on the bar behind the driver?
What exhaust modifications do you have? PSE on in sport mode?

Great, and thanks for sharing.

(BTW, a 991 GT3 is a significantly better car than a 981 Cayman, IMHO, having driven one on mountain roads and on the track, back to back with my GTS. But it should be given it's almost twice the price--but not twice the value!)
The microphone is mounted under the bumper a few inches behind the exhaust tips. The car was in Sport+ mode, but I'm running Borla exhaust.

The GoPro is mounted on the bar, but when I edited the video, I zoomed in to cut out everything I could that wasn't the view out of the windshield.

Glad you enjoyed it :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Thanks for the video info! I run a GoPro 3+. Narrow view, 1080P 30fps, spot meter. What settings did you Se for your video? I like the exposure on the exterior/road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the video info! I run a GoPro 3+. Narrow view, 1080P 30fps, spot meter. What settings did you Se for your video? I like the exposure on the exterior/road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
GoPro Hero 3: Normal view, 1080P 60FPS, Protune, spot meter on, is the native recording setting.

During the post-process (I think I start by clicking on the Protune preset, but not sure if it makes a difference):

Temp: 6503
Tint: -0.787
Exposure: 0.5
Contrast: 1.40
Saturation: 1
Sharpness 0.6

Keep in mind that these were the settings that worked best for the environment I recorded in. I felt they created a closer representation of what things actually looked like (with some enhancement). I feel that the stock unaltered recordings look very drab and gray if left unedited.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts