Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet another new noise coming from my 08 cayman S. I know this is no lexus but the noises and creaks are starting to drive me nuts..... they need some better quality control on a $70,000 car.

Todays anoying noise of the day sounds like its coming from the passengers side wheel well. While coasting and getting ready to come to a stop at a red light I get a noise sounding like a bottle of soda is rolling aroung back and forth in the wheel well. When I got home I even checked the front trunk to see If I had left anything in there that could be rolling around..... its empty.

Any ideas?

It has been very cold here the last couple of days (18* right now). This car seems to really hate the cold weather.....so tight and noisy in the cold.

The dealer has told me that the terrible noise I get from the front tires when backing out of a parking spot is normal for this car. That seems worse when its cold as well

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Are still on summer tires? The tire noise has been reported several times here and the consensus was that it was due to the tire skipping when making tight slow turns such as when coming out of a driveway. The cold weather makes the summer rubber have even less traction and exacerbates the situation.

Now for the wheel well noise, that is a new one. My first instinct would be to pull the front wheel off and carefully inspect for any rock or foreign object that may be lodged in the caliper or disc area.

If you don't see anything, put the wheel back on and spin the wheel while it's still up in the air, any noise?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I now seem to think the noise is coming from inside the passengers side door... not the wheel well. Sounds like someone dropped a baseball inside the door pannel and every time I brake or accelerate its rolls back and fourth. Going to the dealer next week for 1 year inspection so I will see what they say. Just figured I post on here and see if anyone else had this weird problem.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts