Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

Newbie here, we've just gotten hold of a used 2006 CaymanS for her and she's loving every bit of it, which obviously is a great thing! :)

Only problem we're having now is that she can't seem to listen to her favourite radio channel on the CDR-24. Whenever an auto or manual scan is done, we can find the channel e.g 92.9 Mhz, the problem is that it refuses to stay on that channel! Have tried programming it on to the memory slot, but it still deviates. This only happens on 2 specific channel.

I have the same problem with the 2 channel in my RS4 as well but managed to solve that switching off the AF (alternate frequency) function on the RNS unit. Where is the AF (or similar) function in the CDR24?

Note: I know how particular this forum is to ppl asking question without searching. Well....I've read the downloaded manual from here back-to-back and have tried searching the terms "CDR-24 AF" or various permutations and I could not find anything. Even read this particular section from page 1-5 and 66-50 and still no joy. It's probably something really silly and simple but unfortunately I can't seem to find it! :helpme:

:thanks: in advance!

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Try this:

Manually select the station and then enter as a preset; however, do not let go of the button when it beeps the first time, leave it pressed down and in about 3 additional seconds it will beep again. I think this sets the station so it will not roam.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try this:

Manually select the station and then enter as a preset; however, do not let go of the button when it beeps the first time, leave it pressed down and in about 3 additional seconds it will beep again. I think this sets the station so it will not roam.
That worked! Thanks! :) :thanks:

Guess Porsche didn't think that this was a feature worth mentioning in the manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.