Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Looking to get some help - please excuse my post if it’s in the wrong area.

I’m looking to get my first Porsche and got my eyes on a 2018 911 GTS 4 Couple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It’s got a premium color, 3M ceramic coat, 10,000 KM, CPO until 2024. Rear axle steering, 18 way seats, GT Heated steering, PASM, PDCC, Sport exhaust. It’s loaded. The dealer hasn’t listed it but brought it to my attention as I notified them I was in the market for one. They priced it at $140k plus tax and are settling on $135 plus tax.

Am I over paying or is this worth it? They are putting on new tires, throwing in winter mats and a couple of extras.

Appreciate your help.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Type the VIN number into VIN Analytics. That will give you the build sheet and the price when new and provide an idea of how good the deal is (or isn't).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is $48,900 over 39 months (it’s a July 2017 production date). It’s lost 27% value, according to the price I’m picking it up for, if I do.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I can't comment on 911 depreciation; you will have to check around. I would put this up in the Canadian section of Rennlist as there are few 911 owners on P9.

A couple of observations:
1. Porsche dealers rarely give anything away. Prices tend to be considerably higher than the open market, but they do provide a warranty (CPO).
2. Options depreciate much faster than the cars. Make sure that the package works for you.
3. You are getting close to the price of a brand new 911 2S. The new 992's are pretty special.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Before ordering a 992 C4 in November (which finally arrived in July 2020) we looked at CPO 991.2s. Finally came to the conclusion that ordering new made more sense as we wanted a lightly optioned car and most dealer cars were heavily optioned and carried high prices. FWIW even a base 992 has performance on par with a 991.2 S (GTS may be a tad quicker) and as OttawaSteve notes a C2s decently optioned will come in around the same price as the car you're looking at. For reference, our 2020 C4 in Agate Grey, with 18-way seats, Surround Camera, Carrera Classic wheels, PSE, SC, PTV+ , Bose and a couple of other minor options had an MSRP of $140,860 Canadian. Even if a 991.2 was optioned exactly how I'd want it (not likely at all), compared to a 992 it feels like the last generation car that it is. Which isn't to say it's not good; it is. The 992 is just better on numerous fronts. I suggest driving a 992 and a 991.2 back-to-back if possible before deciding which way to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts