Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to forum and looking for a bit of help.
My Fiancé has a 987.2 3.4s great car and lots of fun.
1. Drivers side headlight has developed a fault. Low beam stays on tried a few things re-seated headlight unit. I could try a few more things but need to know what pin is the low beam? So I can test with a bulb with wires connected to see if outside of headlight unit.

2. Roof won't drop I suspect top catch switch as I've had a poke and it is intermittent as windows drop. Can it be cleaned up or is it a question of just replacing micro switch.

Very grateful for help on both subjects

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Hi new to forum and looking for a bit of help.
My Fiancé has a 987.2 3.4s great car and lots of fun.
1. Drivers side headlight has developed a fault. Low beam stays on tried a few things re-seated headlight unit. I could try a few more things but need to know what pin is the low beam? So I can test with a bulb with wires connected to see if outside of headlight unit.

2. Roof won't drop I suspect top catch switch as I've had a poke and it is intermittent as windows drop. Can it be cleaned up or is it a question of just replacing micro switch.

Very grateful for help on both subjects

Welcome to the site, and first post from Tapatalk no less.

With regard to the light is it a Halogen light or Xenon light? I think your attempt to reseat the light is a good first step and obviously you could pull it out and run jumper wires from car to light unit and try to determine if something has a signal when it shouldn't. There have been some wiring diagrams for specific items posted in our Files section in the past but to get the complete wiring diagrams for your car you'll need the Porsche PET system I believe which I sometimes see available from aftermarket resources or a user here named PorscheLibrarian.

With regard to the micro switch I don't know if it can be cleaned or not since I've never disassembled the switch (I did replace one on a 986 before though and it was fairly straight forward). You might want to acquire a new switch and then take yours out and swap just to see if that fixes the problem, if so then you could try to disassemble your old switch and see if you can fix it to have as a spare or sell.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for prompt response. Lights are halogens which are rubbish. I've actually acquired some Bosch bulbs to see if light can be improved. Yes running some lengths of wire with unit out will see if it is connect ion issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All came down to Canbus Control Module which had to be coded to vehicle. Front discs were also badly pitted so replaced with pads, tracking totally a mess so needed 2 new Pirelli p2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts