Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!

I'm very excited to say I've joined the Porsche family for the first time with my 2013 Boxster S. I'm definitely interested in hearing about any car meets (or anything else fun, really) in the area. I just moved to Austin from NYC about 3 weeks ago. Say hi if you see me around!

IMG_0066.jpg

·
Registered
208 Posts
One word... Boxstoberfest! Just down the road in Fredericksburg. Tons of fun! In September.

Also drive out to the Twisted Sisters, you will love it!

Welcome to Texas! Glad to have ya!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome, love the color of your BS.
Thanks! It wouldn't have been my first choice but I'm really enjoying it. Interior is Espresso, so it's a lot of brown lol

One word... Boxstoberfest! Just down the road in Fredericksburg. Tons of fun! In September.

Definitely looking forward to next September then! I'll be sure check out the ride to Twisted Sisters when the weather gets better. Of course the first week I have the car the weather suddenly turns cold and grey :mad:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Check out your local PCA - Austin is Hill Country region. I've done DE events with them but sure they have other activities as well. COTA club race/ solo DE coming up in March.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Is the taking 290 all the way there the best route? Is it worth going there even when there isn’t a C&C? It’s an hour and a half both ways.

·
Administrator
34,445 Posts
Hey All!

I'm very excited to say I've joined the Porsche family for the first time with my 2013 Boxster S. I'm definitely interested in hearing about any car meets (or anything else fun, really) in the area. I just moved to Austin from NYC about 3 weeks ago. Say hi if you see me around!

View attachment 176466
Sharp looking ride!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
Some great roads between Fredericksburg and Austin. Use Google Maps, and option "avoid highways". Lots of fun!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
290 all the way from Austin to FB is the best route only if you want to sleep on the way.

Some Boxstoberfest info is here: Boxstoberfest
hahaha got it, thanks for the info!

Welcome, Austin is a great city. I spent to many nights in the bars on 6th street :burnout:
Thanks for the info! I've spent 1 night on 6th so far, have to recover a bit more until my next one :lol:

Sharp looking ride!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Thanks K-Man!

Some great roads between Fredericksburg and Austin. Use Google Maps, and option "avoid highways". Lots of fun!
Perfect! I'll check them out!

I've got another question, who do you all use for detailing and for any car part install purposes? Looking to have my car detailed and also looking for a place to do an exhaust install

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you want to get the know the best roads around Austin/The Hill Country, you should join the PCA Hill Country Region. They do drives almost every month and they always go on the most fun roads. I should know, i'm the Tourmaster.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts