Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at 2 Boxster bases and struggling between the two. Both have PDK, infotainment and Convenience.

1. Dark Blue w Tan Interior, 9,500 miles, 18" wheels, rear parking warning -$46,000k no CPO. Price is firm

2. Agate Grey w black interior, 30,000 miles, 20" wheels, SportChrono -$44,000 w CPO. I think I can get this to 42k. They've had it for a while.

I kind of like the SportChrono, but I've heard it's a gimmick. With No. 1's miles, I need the CPO. With No. 2's miles, I'm not so sure. I might be able to get CPO on No. 2, but that's an additional $2,500-$3,000 and I'm stretching at $46,000.

This will be my sole car, but driven mostly nights and weekends since I live in SF and bike to work. I drive about 8,000 miles a year, city driving and weekend fun drives. With either set of wheels, the ride will be better than my current MINI convertible.

I'd appreciate input. TIA.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Tan interior cars with tan dashes reflect terribly off the windshield in bright light. Some tan interior cars have black dashes to mitigate this distracting effect.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tan interior cars with tan dashes reflect terribly off the windshield in bright light. Some tan interior cars have black dashes to mitigate this distracting effect.
I noticed the extreme reflection and the salesman (and he was in every sense of the word) said you could get a dash mat. Putting a dash mat on a Porsche makes me think of a toupee.

Does anyone have concerns about the higher mileage on No. 2?

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
I have a tan interior. Depending on the angle of the sun there can be a lot of reflection but I can live with it.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Sorry, can't stand the tan interior, I would have to go with door #2! :)

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
#2! ....................

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No 2 sold while I was out of town. Oh well. The search continues. Now I'm looking at leftover 2014s.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Too bad it sold, but you'll find another. I wouldn't be concerned with 30k or less miles on a CPO. Assuming it falls in that range, I'd just pick the car you find that best matches your tastes and budget. My personal must haves would be minimum of convenience (would prefer premium because I love the power seats), PDK, HID headlights, and anything but the 18" wheels, though you can always change those later.

I'm a former MINI owner as well. Fun cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts