Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new here and already starting to soke up the topics on the Caymans.
I have not owned a Porsche before so I'm very green on the subject. I want a FUN car that I wont get bored of, I would want want to tinker with it (like spending time wrenching). I'd like to go to the track and get into the whole club thing, and also do the country road thing.

Since I have been a kid I have loved Porsches. The 911's are to $$$ and I can not enjoy them to there potential on Canadian roads. The Boxster is great but I like Roofs, and the Cayman when done up a certain way has to be the nicest car I have ever seen. I have also heard that it is amazing to drive.

The only other car similar in concept I like it the Nissan 370Z, but at the end of the day, there all trying to be Porsches anyway, so might as well go to the source.

What are the main questions I should be asking?

I see a lot of nice Certified used Caymans / S's in the $45-55K CDN range, that works for me.

Finance vs Lease? Other than cash, what do most of you folks do?

Certified pre-own? Anyone gone down this road?

Customer Service? How is Porsche to deal with after the deal is done and the warranty's up. I have only heard horror stories from other car salesman. I don't value that since trashing someone else's product is a lame way of making your look good.

Aftermarket community. You guys seem nice for far.

Cheers

Rob.

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Finance vs Lease? Other than cash, what do most of you folks do?
More people probably purchase/finance their car than lease, but there's nothing wrong with leasing either (I leased my 2006 CS and my 2004 350Z before that). Nobody here can decide which is the better path to take for you, so all I can say is that if you don't know why you'd want to lease a car, then don't lease a car.

Certified pre-own? Anyone gone down this road?
Plenty of people have purchased CPO cars. It's a great warranty to have.

Customer Service? How is Porsche to deal with after the deal is done and the warranty's up. I have only heard horror stories from other car salesman. I don't value that since trashing someone else's product is a lame way of making your look good.
It really depends on the dealership. Some are fantastic, some are so-so, and some should be shut down.

Aftermarket community. You guys seem nice for far.
We're not so much an 'aftermarket community' than a community of Cayman-centric Porsche enthusiasts. Welcome. You'll find a lot of information about virtually everything you'd ever want to know about the 987 here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.