Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all!

Just picked up a loaded 2013 Boxster-S with PDK. Looking forward to street and track use. I was seconds away from pulling the trigger on a 15 ZO6 (been on waiting list since April and was next up on the list) but way too many problems need to be ironed out (A8 trans for one) and honestly they have too much torque. Several people have already been killed in them. Fit and finish is not up to Porsche standards and frequent post on forums note orange peel. For $100,000 for a loaded ZO6 the paint should be pristine.

Any suggestions for track tires? I was looking at Hoosiers A7 / R7 for starters. I would use the R6 on my Carbon Fiber Turbocharged Lotus Elise (1500# wet)

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
For tire discussions please check the tire forum at Porsche Tires & Wheels

Hi to all!

Just picked up a loaded 2013 Boxster-S with PDK. Looking forward to street and track use. I was seconds away from pulling the trigger on a 15 ZO6 (been on waiting list since April and was next up on the list) but way too many problems need to be ironed out (A8 trans for one) and honestly they have too much torque. Several people have already been killed in them. Fit and finish is not up to Porsche standards and frequent post on forums note orange peel. For $100,000 for a loaded ZO6 the paint should be pristine.

Any suggestions for track tires? I was looking at Hoosiers A7 / R7 for starters. I would use the R6 on my Carbon Fiber Turbocharged Lotus Elise (1500# wet)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Don't confuse Orange peel with imperfect surfaces of hot dip galvanized steel. They are two different things. And Corvette fiberglass has never been or stayed perfect either, so these are two different animals. Like two different cats - jaguar versus tiger. Check the weight and size. And purpose and quality too. If u want to be a Corvette guy, God bless u. Porsches are on the other side of the galaxy from Corvette. I figured that out in 1970 when I choose Porsche over Corvette. Altho Corvettes are good machines, I have never looked back since. They just aren't my cup of tea. It's up to u to decide... Also, I like the Porsche Club better than the Corvette Club. But that's just me. U might be different.

Forgot to mention - congrats on ur BS purchase! They are great cars, and I had one. At 70, I like my CS better nowadays, but they are very close relatives, almost like non identical twin brothers.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Congrats you'll love the car--I also have a '13 BS and was strongly considering c7 or f type. Fit, finish, and culture of the Porsche IMO is better than the competition. Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts