Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saying hello as a first time member here. Just came back from AZ with a 2007 Cayman S from a private owner. Really enjoyed getting to know the car over the 1,200 mile trip! This forum has been a great resource as I researched 987’s before purchase.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Thanks for posting. Any first impressions from the 1200 mile drive? What's next?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for posting. Any first impressions from the 1200 mile drive? What's next?
Given this is my first P-car and first true “sports car” here are my observations:
  • clutch feel lighter than I expected
  • the shifter throws are as long as everyone describes but not deterrent to the experience
  • love how analog the car feels while still being modern in design and engineering.
  • Steering feel, seating position, and road feedback are spot on
  • with the road feel mentioned above it’s a more raw experience - you can truly enjoy the car without having to double the speed limit. For reference a 2017 A4 Quattro I had before handled great and was responsive but I always found myself going insane speeds because the car was so isolated and refined
  • the 3.4 really pours on the power in higher revs and downshifting not always required
As far as the car goes I plan to refresh a few cosmetic items and replace the tie rod assemblies (PPI reco) and get it to a good baseline. We will see where it goes from there.

I bought it as a weekend toy but am starting to think I may be putting some weekday miles on it as well. Too much fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts