Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally Posted by bh2106
Hard to tell from the photos, but I think it could be very, very nice. And very rare. Always thought a green one with tan/brown interior and wood trim would be quite classy, and a nice contrast to the mostly colder, starker and "racier" combos around.

Mine is Lapis Blue and grey monotone interior, and I find it quite uninteresting. I wish I had some CF in mine, or maybe the black/grey two-tone interior.

Next Time! Is there any Cayman owner who DOESN'T mutter that phrase once in awhile? I know I do. I absolutely love the Cayman I have but I didn't special order it (as I originally planned). After purchasing it I saw a Malachite Green Metallic car and it was gorgeous! I could certainly see that being my next car. With Sand Beige full leather, Cocoa contrasting stitching and carpets and maybe a touch of wood.

And then, after I get it, I'm sure I'll be saying "Next time..."

·
Registered
159 Posts
I love the light tan interiors. Had it in my last car. It's so rich, comfy looking. I do wish I had that as opposed to black interior. However, it shows wear far faster and even the color from wearing blue jeans wore off onto the seats after a little time.

I currently have Slate Grey exterior and love it but I really like the Midnight Blue paint too. Maybe Midnight Blue with sand interior would be gorgeous.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I love the malachite too. I bought my carrara white cayman off the lot, but the next one would definitely be malachite! Since it's a lighter green than the porsche racing green, I'm thinking of a slightly darker interior than the sand beige, as a contrast....perhaps the natural brown, possibly even cocoa.

·
Premium Member
3,492 Posts
I love the light tan interiors. Had it in my last car. It's so rich, comfy looking. I do wish I had that as opposed to black interior. However, it shows wear far faster and even the color from wearing blue jeans wore off onto the seats after a little time.

I currently have Slate Grey exterior and love it but I really like the Midnight Blue paint too. Maybe Midnight Blue with sand interior would be gorgeous.
I turned down a Midnight Blue with Sand interior. The car was an '07 in perfect condtion with only 7K miles on it, but Midnight Blue shows every spec of dust and dirt and sand shows wear very rapidly and not very attractively.

In the end, I went for my silver/black '06 with all the options I craved. There are better colors, but this one always looks good to me and will hold up well with just some vacuuming and occasional wiping down of the seats with a damp rag. The exterior really is good at hiding dirt. Even after driving the car in a rain storm, I can park it inside and it will look nice. With a careful wash, it looks fantastic, but even very dirty it's presentable.

I love Malachite too. Also that Nordic Gold. Natural Brown with either.

I also like Carrera white with Carrera Red. That's another "practical" color combo that will hold up pretty well and not require constant washing.

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
Next time?

A 2010 in Guards Red with Sand Biege interior...PDK w/ paddle shifters...full leather...loaded to the gills....PASM, etc. Purchased used in 2012. To celebrate the end of the world.

I can't do another color combo, because then wifey will realize that I bought a new car. I can deal with the end of the world, but not her wrath...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sixisenuff--

I agree that white/red is great, a "classic" sports car combo.
Btw, it's "carrara" white, not "carrera" white.. It's named after Carrara, Italy, the city of beautiful white marble....

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
Sixisenuff--

Btw, it's "carrara" white, not "carrera" white.. It's named after Carrara, Italy, the city of beautiful white marble....
I thought it was named after "crayola" for that ridiculous white crayon that is always the last one in the box that still has a sharp tip because you can't see it on anything but black paper.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Impecable timing, in bed last night with the boss, figured I'd try it....;)

Asked her if I could order/shop for a MY10 White/Red combo with some additions from the current one, snap!!!:eek:

"you're never happy with what you got" "next year you'd want a different one anyway", "go away"!!!!

Told her I was beyond fortunate to have her and such, love my car, blah, blah, still didn't matter, conversation lasted seconds with both of us shaking our heads at each other, laughing, gotta admit, she's right, as usual. I tried.

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
Sixisenuff--

That is correct, named for Carrara marble

I thought it was named after the Spanish word for "race".:)
Yes, that is what that means, but the Porsche cars are named to commemorate Porsche's performance in a Mexican open-road race in the 1950s called the Carrera Panamericana.

Carrera Panamericana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Written properly then, the above phrase from Six would be: "Carrara White with Carrera Red."

brad

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Impecable timing, in bed last night with the boss, figured I'd try it....;)

Asked her if I could order/shop for a MY10 White/Red combo with some additions from the current one, snap!!!:eek:

"you're never happy with what you got" "next year you'd want a different one anyway", "go away"!!!!

Told her I was beyond fortunate to have her and such, love my car, blah, blah, still didn't matter, conversation lasted seconds with both of us shaking our heads at each other, laughing, gotta admit, she's right, as usual. I tried.
Its always better to ask for forgiveness, than beg permission. But, I'm divorced so maybe you shouldn't listen to me.

·
Registered
380 Posts
In an ideal world, I would have loved to have found a "previously tested" (AKA lease return) CS in Macadamia ("root beer") with Sand Beige interior with the same options as the Seal Grey/Stone Grey that I did get.

But, "beggars can't be choosers". I worked with a car broker for four months for him to find a low mileage '06 CS with low miles that didn't have a dark exterior and black interior. As such I am very happy with the CS that I did get.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts