Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up: Watching the new episode of Top Gear... James May said he'll be reviewing the Boxster Spyder next week (7/5/2010) and it was the best car he's driven in a long while.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i saw a Red/black one at a dealership and i fell in love with it. fully loaded, w/ PASM, PDK, NAV, ect. i want it so bad, but it's out of my price range. i'm hoping to pick one up in a few years when someone gets tired of the manual top. i can't wait to watch the review.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've always been a huge fan of Top Gear (despite Clarkson's apparent dislike of the Cayman when he reviewed it) and am really excited about the next episode.

In addition to the Boxter Spyder, May will also review the 911 Sport Classic next week! And they are doing a comparison of the Panamera Turbo, Rapide, and Quattroporte in two weeks.

I didn't even know about the upcoming 911 Sport Classic until this weeks show:

Unique yourself.*The new 911 Sport Classic.

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
997 Posts
I've always been a huge fan of Top Gear (despite Clarkson's apparent dislike of the Cayman when he reviewed it) and am really excited about the next episode.

In addition to the Boxter Spyder, May will also review the 911 Sport Classic next week! And they are doing a comparison of the Panamera Turbo, Rapide, and Quattroporte in two weeks.

I didn't even know about the upcoming 911 Sport Classic until this weeks show:

Unique yourself.*The new 911 Sport Classic.
I look forward to seeing Clarkson try to put the top up.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'll be watching.

I liked the cockster episode as well as the rest of them. Its just entertainment. If he gave a proper accounting of every car he reviewed it'd be educational TV. And boring. They need a story to go along with each review to keep the audience entertained.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Just a heads up: Watching the new episode of Top Gear... James May said he'll be reviewing the Boxster Spyder next week (7/5/2010) and it was the best car he's driven in a long while.
What channel?

·
Registered
226 Posts
The new episodes are usually on YouTube (in segments) shortly after they air. They're pulled sometimes, but I don't think BBC is as sensitive about that as the domestic networks here in the US.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I like tv shows that deal with cars as much as the next guy but I can't stand Top Gear. Me thinks that they are all idiots. LOL.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
it was a pretty good review by May... however, clarkson just slammed it the whole time. Quite standard but it did a respectable lap of ~1:24.9 iirc.

·
Registered
502 Posts
.[/url]
Clarkson does not just have a dislike for the Cayman...but really for all things Porsche. He is a Ferrari guy through and through...even though the Cayman review was not what I would call a negative review by any means. He even admitted that he was poking at it because the producer had a Cayman on order.

·
Registered
216 Posts
An exaggerated top erection vignette was entirely predictable, and I expected Jeremey to pan it...but I thought he would find at least something nice to say. Stig worked it hard around the track to a very respectable time (better than the Gallardo Spyder that Clarkson owns). I also thought that Hammond, who is a Porsche owner and fan, would come to its defense.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts