Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got around to getting my new exhaust installed on my 2.7. As a background, I ended up doing the Softronic summer special, although I did it in several pieces over the span of a couple of months. I first did the SRP/flash, and then recently obtained the NHP (Maxspeed) exhaust from Softronic, including the optional tips.

I debated with installing it myself, and even printed out the various articles here on removing the stock exhaust, etc. I did the SRP install myself, but I decided to let an independent Porsche shop do the exhaust install, and it’s probably best I did it that way. I printed put the install instructions provided by Maxspeed and dropped the car off at the shop.

The shop originally quoted me about 2 hrs to do the install, but once they got into it they called me & said it would be a little longer and that the install instructions weren't quite exact. ( I guess the instructions imply that each side can be done separately, but the tech indicated there was no way to make it fit; he had to partially assemble the exhaust and install into the car as a single unit.) The tech also said it was a tight fit but that the quality seemed very good. It ended up being 4 hrs labor.

Since I did this project over a series of weeks, so it’s a little hard to completely evaluate the performance improvements of the entire package. When I did the SRP/flash install I did notice an improvement in mid-range torque & overall throttle response.

Overall I'm pleased with the NHP exhaust. I had been debating/reviewing various vendors & was concerned about the drone reported from the various other exhausts, which led me to consider this one. I was really just looking for a slightly louder exhaust from stock with whatever performance improvements that came with it. As reported by others, the NHP really is not noticeable at start-up and idle. Below 3K RPM it really is very subdued, and only at higher RPMs is the exhaust note really noticeable. To me, it has a deeper, throatier note compared to stock. And there really is no drone in the dreaded "drone-zone" that I could notice. It really comes alive at WOT.

Overall I'm pleased. :)

A few pics below:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Hi. It looks great on your car. Congrats.

2 hours to install is fair, 4 hours implies that he did not know what he was doing. Which he pretty much admitted. You should not be paying a full rate for him to learn.

Tomasz

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
Saabin,Exhaust looks really great :)I especially like the heat type of sheild they have on the bottom .the part with the little holes.Looks to be a protective sheild of some sort but looks great .
Now with your 2.7 de-badged and dual rear Tips you just added 5K and 50HP to your cars appearance,It looks like an S-Model now :cheers:

Whats Next for you?
1. Clear side markers maybe?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 hours to install is fair, 4 hours implies that he did not know what he was doing. Which he pretty much admitted. You should not be paying a full rate for him to learn.

Tomasz
The shop indicated they had never installed one like this before on a Cayman, so I knew up front it could take longer. If I had done it, it would have taken me at least that long, so I really don't have a problem paying someone a flat rate to do the work.

Now with your 2.7 de-badged and dual rear Tips you just added 5K and 50HP to your cars appearance,It looks like an S-Model now :cheers:

Whats Next for you?
1. Clear side markers maybe?
Shortly after I got the car I wanted to personalize the car a bit so I ordered up one of the body-colored logos from Eric to replace the silver one. I took off the factory one and cleaned up the paint in preparation to put the new one on. During this time I really started to like the clean look of the rear deck. So now I have a Cobalt blue Cayman logo sitting on the shelf. Still not sure if I ever plan to put it on :)

I already have clear side markers, and now that I've done all the interior work I wanted, I don't really have any future mods planned at this point. :cheers:

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
No more mods planned ?
I have been saying that for 3 years now :)
How is the performance increase with the new system? sounds great BTW .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts