Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Nice and clean (full detail job)

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  gfspencer 
#1 ·
I like cleaning the car myself. Not only do I save a little money I find it fun and rewarding. Furthermore, I get a chance to see all the little imperfections or potential problems first hand. I live in Salt Lake so I'm putting it away for the winter before the snow and thus the salt. I thought I'd post some photos of my handywork. I'm probably going to do some write ups on a few of the products I used.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice job. Do you ever look at your paint under direct halogen lighting? You will easily see any swirls, scratches, etching, etc that you won't see under regular lighting or sunlight. Then you can polish them out and make your car shine better than when it was new.

#4 ·
Looks great! Even dog likes it :)

I too enjoy detailing my cars myself. Although as number of cars grow, and amount of available times diminishes - I have to skip corners sometimes

#5 · (Edited)
I used Chemical Guys G6 Hyper Coat For rubber, vinyl, and plastics, Pinnacle Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, Chemical Guys Pete's 53 pearl signature car wax, Stoners Streak Free Window Wash (I think it's alcohol based, definitely not ammonia), 3M Car wash, and Wolfgang Tire Gel (got a free sample). I have to say most of these products were worth what I paid. I plan on doing a quick write up on them soon, maybe Friday. I will say that the wax is a super soft and oily wax designed for dark colors or metallic paint and it really brought out the Artic Silver Metallic paint on my car.

As far as halogen lighting goes; I have not. I don’t have one and honestly on my post clean leisure cruise the front wheel arch caught the evening sun and damn near blinded me. I'm not sure I need shinier. I am hesitant to bring power tools to the car because I just don't have the knowledge about that specific process and I have heard of people damaging their clear coat. I have been tempted to try out a clay bar but that seems like an awful lot of work. So I stick with quality products and good ol' fashioned elbow grease.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.