Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing my first DE of the season at Summit Point on March 13. I currently have a new set of Nitto 01 on my 06 CS. With the avg temp in the 40s would you run the Nittos. I have an old set of PS2 I could put on if need be.

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
PCA / POC Member & Club Donor
1,931 Posts
Run the Nittos. They will come up to temp quickly (1 or 2 laps). Brake hard for the first few corners and you will be fine.

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I just drove two days at VIR this past weekend. Temps overnight were in the mid 20's. Daytime high's got into the 60's but it took awhile.

I was trying NT01's for the first time. I thought they would be slow to come up to temp with cold air and track. I started them 32 front 33 rear. After one session they were 44 front and 45 rear, too high and they didn't feel great. I was surprised how quickly the pressures came up in the cold weather. I found the 38 front and 39 rear, hot, worked well for me. The pressures were predicatable and consistent once I got them set.

Btw, loved these tires!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.