Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

NJ Cars with Deviating Carpet?

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  futurecayman 
#1 ·
Hello all. I'm a porsche fan in the northern NJ area. I'm hoping to get my first porsche, a cayman, within the next year and have spent the past couple of years viewing the cars in dealers lots, primarily on Sundays. I've been trying to decide on what color combinations are most appealing to me and have probably narrowed down the choices to either dark blue with natural brown or dark blue with sand beige and deviating carpet in sea blue. It took a while but I've now seen one with the dark blue / natural brown combination. I haven't yet been able to view a dark blue one with sand beige and deviating carpet and would love the opportunity. In fact I haven't been able to see any porsche with the deviating carpet option. Are there any in the northern NJ area that might been seen at an event such as the cars and croissants in Chatham? Thanks.

#3 ·
I've seen some pics and heard opinions from some that have seen it but have never seen it for myself on an actual car. I think it might break things up a bit and look good but am hesitant to order it without viewing it on a car "in the flesh". I wonder why it's so rare. Could be that others are also reluctant to order it without seeing it first hand or that it's a really bad idea. I guess I'll have to continue to keep an eye out for one.

#4 ·
One issue I think is that very few of us spec'ed and ordered our cars.

You'll never find a dealer ordered car on the lot with anything but the same "safe" interior color combinations that will appeal to as many customers as possible for an easy sale.

I ordered my car, but being an unimaginative person, I just said give me the basic black interior. I later picked up some floormats with red edges to break the monochrome look up a bit.

#5 ·
You are asking for a unique color combo. +1 to PP about the dealers ordering certain colors. What you are looking for would be special order only. You may be able to find someone good enough to photoshop some pics for you easier then finding an actual car.
And welcome!

#6 ·
Actually there was a midnight blue cayman with sand beige interior and sea blue deviating carpet available a while ago at Park Place Porsche in Dallas. I saw pictures of it and liked the effect. The salesman said that it looked great and sold quickly. Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic that I might actually see one that's not on a computer screen but I know sometimes colors look differently than they do on the computer and it is a large investment. I just don't want to make a big mistake with it. Maybe I can at least find a car with deviating carpet in a different color combination. That would be better than not seeing one at all. Another solution might be to find a dealer that simultaneously had cars with sand beige and sea blue interiors in inventory and ask if I could try out the sea blue mats in the sand beige car. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

#7 ·
You may have already done this so forgive me if it sounds redundant, but have you looked for deviating interiors in 911's? They're basically the same (ahh!!) and there is a much wider range in dealer stock and used stock available to look at.

#9 ·
Pete,

Yes I have. When I visit the dealers on Sundays I do look at the 911s also. There are definitely a lot more of those to look at than actual caymans. Deviating carpet on a 911 would definitely be enough for me to get the idea. I noticed that deviating carpet isn't even one of the options shown on the porsche website configurator. Probably when people order their cars alot of them don't even realize its an option.

#8 ·
>>>I haven't yet been able to view a dark blue one with sand beige and deviating carpet and would love the opportunity.

I saw the photos of the one at Park Place in Dallas (it was a Porsche reps car) and it looked incredible. I'll see if I still have the photos.

#13 ·
I was able to do an internet search and found photos of a midnight blue cayman with sand beige interior, sea blue carpet and rear center console in midnight blue. Looked great in the photos. I only wish I could see something like that "in person" before ordering rather than ordering it based on the pics. I'll keep a lookout for a while longer. Thanks to everyone for their input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.