Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be of intrest to newer owners.... I purchased my 07 Cayman S new. Had the oil & filter changed at 4k,10K & 20k. Always put 8 quarts in & topped off with 1/4 - 1/2 quart after sitting for 24 hours. Than added as needed.
Am now ready for 30K change & realized that I haven't added any oil since 20K. This is a street use only car.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Sounds like any oil consumed is being replaced with water from condensation and/or fuel from ring blow-by.
And you're not getting your oil hot enough to boil them out.

When you drain it see what it looks like and if it smells like gasoline.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
i too purchased my 2007 (non-"s") new and have had the oil changed every year at the dealer. i've never had to add any oil between oil changes and the dealer has never mentioned any concerns or problems (presumably, if there was a concern that i never had to add any oil, the dealer would have mentioned it to me, especially since they did the oil change 3x).

·
Registered
151 Posts
Same experience as original poster. Purchased '08 Cayman S new with 35 miles. Changed own oil & filter at 2K, 6K, & 12K miles. Filled with approx 8.5 quarts each time. Car now has 15K miles. Oil level never dropped a single increment between changes. Car either uses no or very little oil. Very happy. Data point for others. Dave

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 2009 Boxster and recently hit the 10,000 mile mark so it had its first oil change.

It has never needed any addition oil since I bought it new during its 10k mile run. We'll see about the next 10k. The dealer even gave me two quarts of mobile one when I bought it, but they remain sealed.

Coolant/antifreeze, however, it has needed a few gulps of that every few thousand miles.

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
'06 CS with no oil consumption but I change it every 5k. :)

-Moto

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
933 Posts
I'm in same boat. I've got an '08 CS with 28,000 miles. It's my daily driver, I do 2 -3 DE's a year, and change the oil every 6K miles.

I've had no noticable oil consumption.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.