Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

No Longer An Owner and Thank You For Everything

2K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  jedrs4 
#1 · (Edited)
As the the title says I am sad to say that I sold my 2012 Cayman R this morning to a fellow Planet 9er. Mark is a really nice guy and I am sure he will take great care of the car and contribute to the forum. The time I have spend on the forum has been a blast. I learned a lot from everyone and enjoyed my time here, thank you. I am moving on because the wife and I decided that we are going to start a family and a two seater no longer fits the plan. Unfortunately a third car is not in the cards and I would never have time to enjoy the Cayman R. I figured I should let someone else enjoy the car as I have for the last past three years. A car like that should not just sit in the garage and collect dust it needs to be driven. I still have the Cayenne and an going to enjoy that. I will be back to Porsche sports car in the not to distant future. I am 99% sure that I am going to get an 2015 Audi S4. I want a Macan S but can't find an allocation until June delivery of 2016 if it is still even available. Can anyone recommend a good forum to learn about the brand. I plan on still checking in from time to time but it is never the same when you are an owner.

Thanks again

Dave

Reactions: K-Man S
#2 ·
Take care! You sill enjoy the Audi too. Different but still a great car. I've had three and still have two. In the rain, nothing compares. You will get the best information on Quattroworld.com It is a KAWF based forum and will feel different for a while. Give it a chance though. Many of us far prefer it to this more common format. Other Audi Forums are AudiWorld.com and Audizine.com. sometimes one is better than the other for a particular model line so I would check all three.

#4 ·
I bought my first Porsche when my son was in diapers. I sold it a few years later when he could no longer sit in the jump seat. We had quite a few Audis while he was growing up. He's in his 40's now and I have a Porsche again. Enjoy your new family! You'll be back one of these days. :cheers:

#5 · (Edited)
+1 on Quattroworld. I've owned a few TTs that I bought Wheeler Dealer style with the intention of reselling. The first 1 I bought was chocked full of issues and the guys helped me through the minefield. They seem to accept me as one of their own, even though I'm a Porsche guy.

#10 ·
congrats, I'm an ex Audi owner like a lot of others on here but I'm in the younger crowd and prefer Audizine.

#12 ·
I want a Macan S but can't find an allocation until June delivery of 2016 if it is still even available.
2016?!! I'm sure it's a typo. Maybe you meant 2015 but still it's strange. I never thought the demand is that high on the Macan. Here in Saudi Arabia the showroom is full of them... You could pick plenty off the shelf. But the Macan is not selling at all.

However, I wish you the best with your family and future with cars.

#14 ·
The S4 is a great all-arounder that you'll enjoy. The SQ5 is also a fantastic vehicle. Quattroworld is a lost cause for accurate info. Check out audirevolution.com but you'll like audizine I'm sure. Owning both Porsches and Audis is truly the best of both worlds. Best of luck with the family.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.