Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might have missed something searching around, but was the satellite radio option removed for 2018?
I found some outdated links for 2017 models with it (they were sold so the page was removed; Google hasn't caught up), but did not see it on the car configurator or sales book (brochure).
Or is it standard? I don't see the telltale antenna on any of the sample photos.

For text searches: Sirius, XM

·
Registered
48 Posts
From on line configurator under "standard equipment" scroll down and see:

Electrical Systems
Power windows with one-touch operation
Windshield cleaning system with aerodynamic wiper blades, 2 permanent operation wiper speeds, and adjustable intermittent wipe functionality
Electrically adjustable and heated side mirrors on door panels
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including mobile phone preparation and audio interfaces
SiriusXM® Satellite Radio and HD Radio™ Receiver
Sound Package Plus sound system featuring 6 Speakers and 110 Watt output
Audio interfaces: CD/DVD drive, 11 GB internal jukebox storage, 2 USB slots and 2 SD card slots
Universal audio interface (AUX-IN, USB, iPod®) in the glove compartment for connection of external audio sources, operated through external device or on PCM (depending on device and connection used)
Bluetooth® hands-free mobile phone connection, using Hands Free Profile (HFP)
HomeLink® programmable garage door opener
Interior orientation and reading lights
Power release button for front and rear luggage compartment lid
ParkAssist (front and rear) with reversing camera
Cruise control

·
Registered
464 Posts
Mine came with satellite radio and I didn't request in my special order

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
I have the new 911 but I think the PCM is the same as the 718. Select source and you can see Sirius/XM as an option for source input.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got some more information about this today. We start with an "all-access" trial for SiriusXM. I printed the channel lineup at https://www.siriusxm.com/sxm/pdf/xm/channelguide.pdf to pick out some stations for the ride home once the car is picked up. I remember when my dad had a trial of satellite radio, it seemed to me to be useful but I spent too much time picking out a station. Now I can jump right to #23, Grateful Dead 24/7...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.