Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would be very surprised if they did have them!
I don't think they have ever had Porsches in the Gran Turismo series.
Some RUF models is it.
Im sure it's just an issue of money and licensing.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
They sounded funny so they were pulled until they could get it right. Not paralleled by VAG.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I just watched the trailer and while I saw Audi, I did not see any Porsches, is this another driving game without Porsche??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Porsche has an exclusive licensing agreement with EA sports, makers of Need For Speed. It expires in 2016, thankfully, so hopefully cars will start showing up in Forza and Gran Turismo.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yes that's true it is an expansion pack but since it is already for sale then why not have Porsches in GT that doesn't come out until November?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I don't know. I'm not sure what Porsche's interest level is, but I'd love to see them in GT. Porsche's marketing efforts have a cold and aloof vibe that seems strange to me.

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Picked up Gran Turismo Sport last week and the following Porsche cars are in the game. Not a lot but it's a start.

2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport
2017 Porsche 911 RSR
2017 Porsche 919 Hybrid (Porsche Team)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Haven't played a video game in a while but Gran Turismo Sport is sure catching my attention.

Can you guys recommend racing wheels, pedals, etc? Do you have a chair for it too?

Not sure when I could spring for this, but sure looks like a blast without worrying about LEOs and fiery crashes.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Within the last month I've picked up a PS4 Pro, Gran Turismo Sport, and a Logitech G29 steering wheel and pedals.

Love that there are finally a few Porsches in a Gran Turismo game!!!! GT Sport is heavily focused on being an online racing game, and has FIA online competition affiliations. I'm still working my skills before I jump into that pool.

^I just mount my steering wheel to a fold out wooden table and use an office chair. Not the best set up, but it works pretty well. Only main design flaw is that if you react quickly (with the wheel) to catch an aggressive oversteer slide, sometimes the whole table moves. But, for the time being, I have no interest in dropping another $200 on a gaming driving seat/steering wheel mount.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts