Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after sitting all day wishing the rain would stop, and giving up, letting the dealer keep my car in the showroom one more day (where it was dry) the sun came out today for a beautiful day.

And was it interesting... This is not a made up story in any way.

This is not what it seems:

No I didn't get a ticket driving it home...

I was driving it down the freeway about 1/2 mile from my exit, suddenly, the car in front of me hits the breaks, swerves, and I see a dumbell. Yes seriously a dumbell, spinning and bouncing out from beneath the car. On the freaking interstate. At 65 MPH. And a lot of traffic. I can clearly see the 25 imprinted on the side of it, and my heart starts pounding and feels like it is in my throat. I try to straddle it, and think I am clear, but do feel a thud from underneath the vehicle. DAMMIT!!!!!!! I am cursing up a storm, and pull over just ahead of the woman in front of me. I carefully get out and still screaming at noone in particular, go around front and inspect. THANKFULLY, there is no sign of dmg to the bumper. I take a closer look all around and under, and see a scuff on the undercarraige near the right front wheel. Luckily it doesnt seem to be deep or anything else that was touched. As I get out from under the car, this woman is walking towards me. She is a smoking-hot blonde, wearing a low cut tank showing her obviously fake you know... Anways we go look at her car, and she had a blown tire. Just at that minute highway patrol pulls up lights on. Apparently he saw the dumbell, and pulled it off the road, and proceeded to take down our info, and sends the DOT van to help her change the tire. (I was thinking, that I would do that...) Meanwhile, I am flipping out, as he asks for my insurance/etc. I shuffle thru the stuff I tossed in the glove box, and realize that I accidentally left my insurance card at the dealers. So we have to call the insurance co, and verify everything. He was cool about it, and told me to get it as soon as possible. We check the car again, everything is cool except the mild scuff in the undercarriage, and then prepare to go.

Meanwhile the girl takes my info and vice versa in case we need references. She is in town on a promotions thing (I was thinking stripper, it is Vegas afterall, but says like for beer things, and such.) If I were single...perfect oppertunity... but whatever. Shoulda took a pic of her but didnt think of it.:(

So strange first day. First 30 minutes actually. I think I am clear, but gonna get it looked at at the dealer ASAP. Crazy.

Anyways a couple more pics, sorry just iPhone quality and sun wasn't cooperating. Will post more soon.

More to come, if I ever get the nerve to get it out of its safe, dumbell-less garage.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
You didn't get a picture of the girl?? Son...I am disappoint.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Drama drama, moral of the story, never drive in front of a blond chic with fake tits.

Edit: behind that was ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nothing fake about a Cayman S. It deserves a woman with real assets to warm her seats.

(Note: no insult meant towards anyone. To each his own.)

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Crazy story. Glad to hear that it worked out for you for the most part.

·
Registered
159 Posts
For a minute I thought Planet-9 Forum was merging with Penthouse Forum :)
You did not get a pic of the hot blonde... you must have been upset

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: OMG!!!!!

Took it to LA to run a quick errand, and see the fiancee's cousin and aunt.
What a car! I am totally smitten. I usually hate the Vegas to LA drive and back. This time I was wishing the trip was farther. It's a thrill to drive, and every time i get out of it, I just stare for a minute or two. Everyone who has seen it loves it, says its one of the most beautiful cars they've ever seen. Taking the curvy part of the interstate at 90+ switching lanes effortlessly, where before I was afraid to go over 60 and then white knuckled, in the fiancee's SUV. The ride was very smooth as well, left it in the normal mode of PASM mostly, and even the girl who is usually not one for a low riding sport car, said the ride was awesome. Her only complaint is that she couldn't put the seat flat and sleep while I was driving like she does when we take her SUV. From the stops for gas where everyone was looking at it, to driving around town, everything was awesome. I still haven't gotten any really good pics, as I was on the road when the light was good, but will hopefully remedy this soon.

So while I was originally looking at keeping the Mustang, I am now thinking there is no point to that. I will never drive it when I could possibly take the Cayman. I figure I should get a used SUV or pickup which has more use for the times when I dont want to drive the Cayman. For the bike or luggage or hauling stuff or more than one person.

And, I got 700 miles into the break-in out of the way already. (not going to open up that debate again, but decided on what I was going to do and sticking to it) I cannot imagine a more fun car to drive already. Yeah some may be faster etc, but man what a rush!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Update: OMG!!!!!

Took it to LA to run a quick errand, and see the fiancee's cousin and aunt.
What a car! I am totally smitten. I usually hate the Vegas to LA drive and back. This time I was wishing the trip was farther. It's a thrill to drive, and every time i get out of it, I just stare for a minute or two. Everyone who has seen it loves it, says its one of the most beautiful cars they've ever seen. Taking the curvy part of the interstate at 90+ switching lanes effortlessly, where before I was afraid to go over 60 and then white knuckled, in the fiancee's SUV. The ride was very smooth as well, left it in the normal mode of PASM mostly, and even the girl who is usually not one for a low riding sport car, said the ride was awesome. Her only complaint is that she couldn't put the seat flat and sleep while I was driving like she does when we take her SUV. From the stops for gas where everyone was looking at it, to driving around town, everything was awesome. I still haven't gotten any really good pics, as I was on the road when the light was good, but will hopefully remedy this soon.

So while I was originally looking at keeping the Mustang, I am now thinking there is no point to that. I will never drive it when I could possibly take the Cayman. I figure I should get a used SUV or pickup which has more use for the times when I dont want to drive the Cayman. For the bike or luggage or hauling stuff or more than one person.

And, I got 700 miles into the break-in out of the way already. (not going to open up that debate again, but decided on what I was going to do and sticking to it) I cannot imagine a more fun car to drive already. Yeah some may be faster etc, but man what a rush!

:) That was a great read and especially since I plan to buy my CS this year, had some extra vicarious thrills. Please keep us informed of your Cayman adventures.

:cheers:
jt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts