Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to follow up on Sanigene's recent post about a noise from the rear of a Cayman.

I also have a low mileage 07 Cayman. Over the last few months I have noticed a very brief screech or whine from the rear when I make a brisk right turn from a standing start. It happens as the car picks up and begins to turn. It doesn't happen when the car goes straight. Now it seems a little louder and occurs when I turn left as well from a standing start. No noise while braking or any other time while the car is moving. There doesn't seem to be anything trapped in the brake disc/caliper.

Thanks for any advice.

RWD

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there from here in the U.K. - my first post on Planet 9. I Have been lurking on here since getting my '08 Cayman about 2 1/2 years ago and have found this site very informative in the past. There's obviously a wealth of experinece here.

I am having EXACTLY the same experience as the OP. Recently my Cayman has developed a brief 'screech' noise emanating from what sounds to me like the left rear of the car when pulling away from a standing start and turning right, especially if on an uphill incline. Doesn't happen if pulling away straight or turning left.

Hopefully resurrecting this thread will elicit some informative responses.

Pete B.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts