Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2015 Cayenne Diesel CPO in March. Since then I have thought about getting another in order to change color inside and out if I can find one and the deal is right. I have test driven three so far, and they are much smoother and quieter than mine. I have looked at these vehicles in a different city; therefore, not my dealership. My dealer rarely has a diesel on their lot (they only sell pre-owned that they trade in), so I can't drive one next to the other.

I am up in a big city every month for at least a week on business. As I stated above, the three I have tested there are smooth and quiet. I test drove on Thursday, came home yesterday, and immediately drove mine....definite and notable difference. Mine sounds like a diesel pickup and has more vibration.

Any thoughts, ideas, etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2014 Cayenne diesel and I would describe it as smooth and quite. I have declined to have the diesel-settlement "fix" applied to this car, in part because I have heard that it may make the engine run rougher in some situations, as well as increase fuel consumption. I do not have any experience or first hand reports to confirm this. Do you know if the emission modification has been done to your car or those you have test driven?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine has had the fix. The dealer could not CPO the vehicle without the fix. However, the other three have had the fix as well, but run really nicely. People I know who have had the fix have said they have not noticed a difference. I think there is something wrong with mine. The variance is too big.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Mine has the fix and is louder than before the fix. One of the pieces of evil ECU code was from Audi called the "acoustic function" which quieted the clatter at the expense of emissions. That code has been removed.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Mine is way louder. Get a tune and a transmission ecu reflash. Sb close to prior fix

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a 2014 Diesel. I had the fix done also. The $8250 settlement was hard to turn down. I would say that I have noticed the following changes:

1. car tends to stay longer in 3rd gear when cold - not a big problem for me as I turn from my driveway onto an 80 kph road so I don't stay long in 3rd anyway.
2. car is a bit noisier when cold. No noticeable change once warmed up.
3. car gets about 2 mpg less based upon an overall monthly average (from 36-37 mpg to about 34-35).
4. uses a bit more DEF.

That's what I have noticed. I have 330,000 km on my vehicle, which I bought new, so have a fair bit of "seat of the pants" experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts