Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help here, I have scoured the forums here and on other sites for my particular issue with the Homelink system. Unfortunately I have found only a handful of folks who have experienced this but no posted resolves.

So my issues is on my Homelink I get zero response when holding the two outer buttons to start initial programming. I am guessing it is a blown fuse (or hoping) however when I get knee deep in the fuse layout I don't see an entry for Homelink in the fuse box. Since I don't want to go popping random fuses does anyone know the fuse location or which device it piggy backs off of? Or any other alternative troubleshooting methods I could try?

Thanks
Tom

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Does an LED flash when you push a button? If so you could eliminate the fuse as a problem. The switch should flash whether or not it has been programmed.

Welcome to the forums,
Chuck

·
Registered
352 Posts
Need some help here, I have scoured the forums here and on other sites for my particular issue with the Homelink system. Unfortunately I have found only a handful of folks who have experienced this but no posted resolves.

So my issues is on my Homelink I get zero response when holding the two outer buttons to start initial programming. I am guessing it is a blown fuse (or hoping) however when I get knee deep in the fuse layout I don't see an entry for Homelink in the fuse box. Since I don't want to go popping random fuses does anyone know the fuse location or which device it piggy backs off of? Or any other alternative troubleshooting methods I could try?

Thanks
Tom
Tom,

Did you program your remote first as per the owners manual directions? You have to take your existing garage door opener to the front of the car and follow the program sequence for that FIRST, before you attempt to mess with the Homelink in the mirror area. The LEDs won't flash up for you unless you follow the sequence from the beginning (all in the owners manual, don't skip any steps!)

Duane

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No lights or flashing whatsoever. If I push the two outer buttons and hold for 20 seconds I don't receive the steady flash.
Thanks for the replies,
Tom

·
Registered
352 Posts
All I can think of is do you have your ignition key switched to Engine ON (but not running)? I do not think they will light up if your key is in the Accessory position (as I recall from memory). It need to be in full engine start mode.

Good luck
Duane

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Duane,

Thanks for the input. Gave that a shot too (as I couldn't remember if I had done that before). Still a no go!

Anyone else have any ideas?
Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tom, Did you ever figure out how to resolve this issue? I have the same problem with my homelink system not responding (no LED lights flashing even when holding the buttons down). This all happened after I replaced my battery. Thanks K

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,758 Posts
If you cannot get any LED to flash under any condition even press and hold 1&3 for over 1 min and all other car electrical functions are ok, then it sounds like it is repair time at the dealer.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Thanks
Tom
my 06S had the exact same problem. Tried everything no go. Took it to the dealer and was informed that it was never enabled in the initial programming of the car, and neither was the phone module. A software update later and all is fine........

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tom, Did you ever figure out how to resolve this issue? I have the same problem with my homelink system not responding (no LED lights flashing even when holding the buttons down). This all happened after I replaced my battery. Thanks K
Sorry for the delay...

Yep, had to take it to the dealer. There was a programing problem, as another member mentions above. They did the dealer thing and it all came out in the wash.

Tom

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good to know. I'm having the exact same issue.

It had to go in to have some other software issues addressed anyway. I guess I need to make a list.

·
Registered
455 Posts
You first need to hold the left and right button in your car till the led flashes (must have key in and on). Then program the buttons with a portable remote that came with your garage system. The next step is to program the actual garage door openers. They have a button on them. If you read your manual the confusing part is that you have to do all the steps including programming with the hand held openers to get some systems to work. It took my 18 year old son to figure this out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i've had a similar problem with my boxster. didn't check with the dealer regarding program updates though. i did read somewhere that if the garage door opener has a rolling internal code the home link feature in the car may not work. any one else heard of this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts